Chapter 19

I woke up to a devastatingly empty bed. Looking around the room I found no sign of Jake. Slowly, I slid out of bed. To my relief any soreness in my ribs had miraculously disappeared.

I stood up and walked into the bathroom. A glass of red liquid was placed on top the counter. I quickly snatched up the glass and swallowed the entire thing in only seconds. I couldn't even remember the last time I tasted the delicious red goodness.

It then struck me of what happened last night. Was that all real? Could it be possible that it was all a dream? I mean even the thought of Chase being a vampire scared me, but what scared me even more was how real it all felt. The power. I shuttered at the thought but then began thinking if it was all real then does that mean I could use it right now?

I squeezed my eyes shut and went deep into a thought. Feeling no different I slowly reopened my eyes. Just like what happened last night, I found myself looking directly at myself. My chest tightened as I was absolutely blown back by the sight.

I brought my hand up to touch my cheek. As I was about to make contact my hand went completely through as if it were nonexistent.

Any normal person would probably be scared out of their mind, but instead a devious plan popped into my mind. A grinned planted itself onto my face as I walked out of the bathroom and into the hall.

I searched the entire house for Jake with no luck, just as I was about to give up I heard a very familiar laugh and followed in the direction it was coming from. I stopped in front of an unfamiliar door. I could over hear familiar voices so without thinking I stepped directly through the door.

Inside I saw Jake, Elle, Ashton, and a complete stranger gathered around a poker table playing what I assumed to be poker. Laughter could be heard all throughout the room as they were obviously enjoying themselves.

I approached Jakes side and looked at his deck. His cards were so horrible I couldn't help but let out a small laugh. Immediately he turned his head around and looked directly at me. For a moment I thought I was busted but then he returned his attention back towards the table.

"Did you guys hear that?" He asked.

They all exchanged odd glances before Elle spoke up. "Hear what?"

"Nothing, it just sounded as if I heard Sarah behind me," he spoke.

"Dude, come on, is that all you think about?" Ashton said pathetically.

"But this time I swore I heard her. Maybe I should go check on her," he said worryingly.

"Jake I can promise you that she's up in the room just as you left her. You need to relax," said the unfamiliar girl sitting across the table,"Besides, it's your turn anyway."

Without arguing he took his turn. I was relieved that they had convinced him I was fine. I could now carry on with my original plan.

I closed my eyes and thought about the inside of Jakes mind.

"Please be a five."

I quickly reopened my eyes to see him picking up a card. Did it work? Had I just read his mind?A huge smirk appeared on my face as I thought of all the things I could now do being able to read minds. The first thing coming to mind is now Jake could no longer lie to me. Perfect.

"Guys I'm going to go check on Sarah real quick. Maybe she'll want to play," Jake said getting up out of his seat.

Before he reached the door I already had my eyes closed. I reopened them to see I was back in the bathroom. I hurriedly ran towards the bed and covered myself in the blankets. Just as I did I hear the door creak open. I closed my eyes and pretended I was a sleep as I heard footsteps near my side of the bed.

"Sarah I know you're awake. I can hear your heart beating," he laughed.

I huffed as I threw the blankets off me and sat up. I grinned remembering my new found powers. I focused on Jake hard, looking straight into his eyes.

"Does she always have to look so perfect?"

"Thanks but I don't always look this good," I smirk.

His eyes got wide and face became serious. I could tell he was shocked and very very confused.

"Sarah how did you just do that?" He asked in all seriousness.

"Do what?" I ask dumbly.

"I'm not kidding Sarah this is very serious. How did you do that?"

"Well last night Chase who is now a vampire may or may not have visited me in my dreams telling me I had the most powerful gift in the world, which is being able to obtain the gift of any vampire I come in contact with which may or may not be the reason Tony is dead set on capturing me," I say as quickly as possible.

Before I could say anything else I was quickly picked up and carried into a different room. He sat me down gently inside what looked liked to be a gigantic library. Rows and rows of books for what seemed to go on forever.

"What was that for?" I shout.

"I need to see if what you're telling me is true," he muttered gazing over book after book.

"What? You don't trust me," I question.

"Of course I do, I just need to make sure because if what you are telling me is true this could change everything."

"What do you mean by 'change everything'?"I ask.

"I mean that we could have a huge advantage in for what's to come,"he said not looking up from the book he had selected.

"I won't be that much of an advantage if I'm not even here," I mutter under my breath.

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked irritated.

"Well from what everyones saying, it seems like Tony's dead set on getting me the second you've for your back turned," I said bluntly.

Within a second I was pinned up against the wall, face to face with a pissed off Jake.

"I will not let him lay a single finger on you. Do you understand?" He spoke.

"Yes master," I responded sarcastically.

"Seriously?" He laughed, finally breaking the tension

"Well it's just lately you've been acting different. More serious and stuff," I mutter.

"I'm only doing it because I'm trying to protect you. I promise once this is all over things will go back to normal,"he smiled," and stuff."

I grinned in appreciation of his efforts in trying to helping me. Slowly he gripped the side of my cheek and pulled me in for a slow and tender kiss. It's weird how invigorating every kiss was as if it were our first.

He pulled away and looked me in my eyes.

"Now for a more serious note,"he spoke,"I have someone very special that I'd like you to meet."

******************************

Hey guys! Sorry I don't talk to y'all as much as others authors do I'm just afraid that y'all would get annoyed! Anyways I just wanted to say thank you so much for all the votes and reads. It means alot to me! I'm starting to write a new book called "torn between two" so if y'all could go read it to that'd be great too. Its a Zayn and Niall fan fic btw. Thanks again! Love you guys!!

P.s. if y'all have any suggestions for the book or feed back you can comment them! I'd love to hear what you guys have to say! <3