Chapter 20

"Hello Mrs. Parker. Great to finally have the pleasure of meeting you," said a fairly old man as he extended his hand. I politely shook it, not know who or what this guy was.

"You can call me Sarah," I replied," and you are?"

"Mister Humphrey Myraid," he spoke,"but you can call me Myraid."

I nodded my head and awkwardly turned toward Jake, not knowing what to do now. We all stood silently until Myraid spoke.

"You must be wondering why you're here, huh? Here, let me take you into my reading room where I can further explain myself," he said as he turned and started shuffling towards the door.

I looked to Jake who motioned his head in the direction the old man went, obviously telling me to go by myself. I hesitantly walked through the same door Myraid had into a noticeably darker room. The walls were covered in bookshelves containing all sorts of what I assumed to be witchery. In the middle was a small round table with a red velvet cover and two seats seated across from each other. It basically looked like your stereotypical fortune telling room.

Myriad was already seated in one of the seat so I slowly sat in the I only available one, scared of what was to come next. I looked up at the old man who gave me a reassuring warm smile before speaking.

"I can tell by your expression that you are confused so let me start by properly introducing myself. As you already know my name is Myraid. I am what they call in the human world a 'psychic'. I can see into the past, future, and even present. I am over one thousand years old so I have seen quite a lot darling, but never something as interesting as this," he breathed, looking me directly in the eyes.

My palms clammed up as the tension rose in the room. What did he mean by interesting? Maybe he could tell me how we can defeat the Waker clan. My thoughts were interrupted as he continued to speak.

"I know everything about you Sarah. From your very first kiss, till the one you just recently had with Chase. I know stuff about you that you have yet to even discover. I even know what really had happened to you when you were seven years old," he said.

"Wait," I interrupted, "what do you mean by what 'really' happened?" I asked, still scared that he even knew what had happened to me over ten years ago.

**FLASHBACK**

I waved to Elle and her mom as they dropped me off in front my house. I knew mommy and daddy were gone at work so I ran around the back side of the house to grab my secret key that I kept hidden underneath the back patio mat. My older brother, Marc, was probably either out at a friends house or passed out on the couch so I knew I couldn't count on him opening up the door. I quickly picked up the key, unlocked the door, and returned the key to it's original place.

Once I was inside I immediately knew something was terribly wrong. The glass coffee table had been completely shattered, cupboards had been torn out and thrown across the room, picture frames had been broken, and furniture practically demolished.

My first reaction was to scream and run to my room. I ran as fast as I could, only noticing the destruction had taken place over the entire house. It was then, as I was sprinting up the flight of stairs, that I began to notice a trail of blood leading up the stairs.

I finally reached the top of the stairs, shaking from freight. I had no idea what to do next but it was then I remembered what my 1st grade teacher told me to do in emergencies. I quickly ran into my mommy and daddy's room and picked up the house phone, dialing in 9-1-1. It only rang once before a woman on the other end answered.

"9-1-1, what is your emergency?"

"Uh, hello. I came home. And everything. Was broken so I ran. Upstairs. And there's blood everywhere," I said taking deep breathes between every other word.

"Listen honey, I'm sending police right now that are coming to your location," she said in the calming manner,"Now I'm going to need to ask you a couple of questions. What's your name sweetie?"

"Sarah Parker," I breathed.

"Alright Sarah, can you tell me if mommy and daddy home?"

"No they're gone at work," I replied.

"What about any siblings or relatives?"

" I don't know where my brother is," I answered, nervous to where he was.

" Okay honey, I'm going to need you to go the closest room where there is a lock and lock your self in there. Can you do that for me?"

I quickly ran into my brothers room, knowing that my parents had taken the lock off their door. I swung the door open quickly and turned around to lock it.

"Okay I did it, "I said into the phone.

"Now I want you to crawl under the bed and wait there and stay on the phone with me until police show up. "

I turned around to head towards bed until I saw the single most horrible thing that would scar me for the rest of my life.

Laying motionless in the middle of the floor was my brother. His blood had been thrashed around the room and his battered face made him almost unrecognizable. At the time I did not know he was dead, only that he was terribly hurt.

I dropped the phone and ran quickly to his side, throwing my arms over him and sobbing deeply into his chest. I couldn't bare to even look at him so I continued to squeeze my eyes shut and cry. I could hear the police sirens near closer and closer to my house and the operator on the other end of the line calling me.

"Sarah? Sarah please pick up! Sarah!"

**END OF FLASHBACK***

My eyes began to water thinking about what had happened. After that I became very distant, only talking to the therapist that my mother and father insisted I go to. She finally broke me out of my cold shell but thinking about what had happened made me want to crawl right back into it.

"That is to be discussed another time," he answered,"there is something far more important that we are needing to talk about."

"Oh okay, I understand," I sigh.

"I wish I could tell you exactly how to defeat the Waker clan, but certain rules restrict me from doing so. But I can tell you that his army is growing stronger day by day. He is collecting only the strongest of his kind and training them to capture you and defeat the rest. If this happens I can tell you now that the world and the rest of humanity will never be the same. But you my dear are the key to stopping this. This power that you have is unlike any other that have been before you. With the right training you can have the ability to defeat his entire army all on your own. I have prepared a list of people and locations that will help you strengthen and build your power. You will need to move fast and slyly. Only a couple of weeks remain until Tony makes his first move. I wish you the best of luck," he smiled holding out a hand with a piece of paper in it.

I took the paper and put it in my pocket before thanking him for everything. I got up and began towards the door and just as I was about I reach it I heard him call out behind me.

"One more thing Sarah. You and Jake will not be able to partake on this journey alone. You will need to bring Elle, Ashton, and Chase along as well," he finished.

I nodded as a lump formed in my throat. Chase? Why him of all people? And I can just take my best friend with me on a dangerous mission. What if she gets hurt!

I grabbed the door handle and left the room. Jake was patiently waiting exactly where I had left him.

"Well that was quick," he laughed, not knowing what had all just taken place.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"What's wrong babe?" He asked,taking hold of my hand.

"I've got a lot to tell you in a short amount of time," I spoke.

"What? What is it?"

I told him word for word, exactly Myraid had told me. The entire time he kept his focus on me, not saying my thing but the occasional head nod in understandment.

"He told me we cannot do this alone. He said we have to take long Elle, Ashton, and" I paused for a moment before continuing,"Chase."

His fists balled tightly and a look of anger crossed over his face. It took him to take everything in and finally respond.

"Are you sure that's what he said?"

"Positive," I said reassuringly.

"Then we don't have anytime to waste," he said," Lets go."