Chapter 26

"Hey.."

"Sarah..."

"Wake up!"

My eyes slowly creep open and adjust to the bright lighting in the room. It took a few moments to adjust to reality before realizing I was in a familiar bed. It was the bedroom that Jake and I stayed in the first night we arrived here, I recognized the huge antique furniture and balcony. But how did I get here? What happened?

I thought back to the last thing I could remember. Book shelf, moving, anger... Ah! Now I remember! The images of the incident flood my mind, flying objects,screaming, the entire building shaking.

"Yeah you really could've fucked some serious shit up if I let you go on any longer," a familiar voice says next to me.

'Did I just say that out loud?', I question myself.

I turn to see Emmet kicked back in a chair next to my bed. His legs were up on the bed while he lounged back in that monster of a chair. He had a blanket covering himself which made me think he stayed all night there.

"What happened?" I questioned, not being able to stitch everything that had happened together.

"Well you see sweetie, I might have, accidentally, underestimated the power of your abilities. You actually messed up my training room real bad. If one of my assistants had been there to knock you out, well, you and I might not be sitting here today.

Anyways, you should be perfectly fine now that you made it through the entire night. Your friends are downstairs and packed up and waiting for you so you can leave."

"That's it? That quick? No more training? I only got to practice for one day!" I argue, afraid to leave without assurance that I was stable, especially after that bizarre incident from last night.

"One day is all it really takes. It looks like you got mind reading and spiritual walking down pretty quick, this should be no different. Just practice and I promise you'll improve," he smiled warmly. This might have been the nicest I've ever seen him.

"But-but, but what if I don't want to leave. Besides, aren't those the 'friends' that neglected to tell me all that stuff you told me last night! If they didn't tell me something like that, imagine all the other stuff they could be keeping from me!," I shout in a fit of fury. As upset as I was about the whole, 'my parents forgetting I existed', and 'my brothers dead because of me', I was even more upset that the people I held dearest to me would keep something like that from me.

"Relax! I might have forgotten to mention a couple minor details last night," he humored.

"Oh god-sh," I correct, remembering that I couldn't curse around him,"What do you mean by 'minor details'?"

"You're friends were obligated not to tell you anything, for the safety of you and everyone around you. I'm sure if it weren't for that, they would have told you in a heart beat. You've got some great friends there Sarah, never take them for granted."

He stopped for brief moment before continuing.

"I was hesitant on telling you this last thing in fear your hopes would rise a little to much. So before I tell you, know that the odds of it being true are one in a billion.

When the Waker clan took your brother and discovered that he was not the one they were looking for, it was said that he was immediately killed. That being said, no evidence existed of his body ever being found. Now that could mean one of two things, either he somehow managed to escaped and is alive, or the Wakers did a very very good job of hiding any evidence, the Waker's are very good at what they do so the odds of him still being out there are very very slim."