Chapter 12

**Jakes POV**

I hastily parked the car and ran to the entrance. First period had just ended so I knew exactly where I could find her.

I wasn't scared that she would escape it was more of her accidentally revealing herself to someone and causing a scene.

I rounded the corner and just as I thought, she was there. She was hiding behind a corner. For a moment it looked as if she was about the walk out. I stepped out and was about to stop her before she retreated. Her eyes had filled with tears and she brought her mouth up in horror. What had caused this dramatic mood change?

I look over the crowd of students and spotted a familiar set of faces. Chase and Rachel were kissing in the middle of the hallway in plain sight. Even though I hated Chase with a fiery passion he was the one who made Sarah happy. How dare he do this to her!

He was defiantly going to pay for this one.

**Sarahs POV**

I didn't bother getting back in the car since I could probably run faster than it anyway.

I ran to the only place I felt comfort. Home.

In only a matter of seconds I was at my house entrance. It had been so long since I had last been here it seemed almost strange to be here.

I lifted up the door mat and got the spare key I hid incase I lost mine. I unlocked the door and walked in.

The warm scented air of home filled my nose. I had missed this kind of comfort. I wrapped myself in a giant fleece blanket and threw myself on the leather couch.

Maybe I was seeing things? Rachel has never liked Chase. Chase would never cheat on me. Plus they were one of the two closest people to me, they wouldn't betray me like that would they?

A coldness shuttered down my body as I recalled the sight of them kissing. What tore me apart the most was the fact that he looked at her the same way he looked at me.

A small tear rolled down the side of my cheek but before I could wipe it away somebody else did for me. I looked up to see Jake smiling down at me.

"I know you're sad now but I can guarantee you that jerk got what he deserved," he smiles warmly.

A part of me was scared that he seriously hurt him but the other part of me knew that Jake knows what Chase meant to me and wouldn't do that.

"Thanks," is all I manage.

I feel him pick me up and carry me towards the door in his arms. I felt so weak and not in control whenever he did this. A part of me did like it though, there was a sense of safeness and warmth when I was with him.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask, not wanting to leave the comfort of my home.

"It's a surprise," he grins.

"Jake I'm not in the mood for any surprises right now."

"Trust me. You'll love this one," he smirks.

I just roll my eyes and go with it since trying to resist would be futile. He set me down in the passenger seat of his car and skid over the front good of the car like they do in the movies. I chuckled at his attempt to look cool as he got in the car and drove off.

After half an hour of driving out of town and another two driving in an endless amount of twist and turns on a deserted road he pulled into a small entrance into a forest area.

I was glad we were finally done driving in the car. I remained silent the most of the way, only looking out the window and occasionally changing the radio station till I heard a song I liked.