five

"Again, I'm so sorry about Tyler. He's a very good guy and a great friend. He- well, you know. He doesn't have the capability to care about anything besides what made him sad in the first place."

It was Troye's voice.

"Yeah, sure we fought a little when Troye and I started dating but then one day he turns off his emotions and finds me to lash out at," Connor piped in.

"He'll be fine. Everyone has to turn their emotions back on at some point," Phil replied.

I finally opened my eyes to see I was in a hospital bed, my head bandaged and my eye sore. Luckily there was a mirror in front of me, so I could see myself. I had a bruised cheekbone, my lip split and dried blood under my nose.

"He's awake!" Connor gasped. The others turned and hurried to surround me.

"How're you feeling?" Troye asked.

I smiled a little. "Like I got my ass beat by a lilac-haired, short homosexual while in a crop top."

The three of them laughed.

"Any memory loss?" Connor questioned. I shook my head.

"Where's Tyler?" I asked them.

Troye shrugged. "Last night after you blacked out, Phil picked you up and carried you outside to the ambulance. I helped Connor out and they treated him, but your wounds were more serious. You're only staying in here for tonight and then you're out tomorrow morning. The cops tried to arrest Tyler but I explained everything and they let him go. I drove him home and he hasn't talked to me since. Not even during the ride to his house."

I nodded. "So you two are in a relationship?"

They blushed, their hands intertwining. "Yeah. Are you and Phil together?"

The two of us turned red. "No," we both responded in unison.

Connor smirked. "You should be."

"No-"

Phil groaned. "We're just friends."

I ignored the slight ping in my chest. "You guys are gross."

Connor and Troye exchanged glances, small smiles on their faces. Shortly after they left and Phil and I talked for awhile until he heard my stomach growl.

"Are you hungry?" Phil asked. I nodded. "We need to get you moving, so I'll go get a wheelchair for you and we can go get food downstairs. I don't wanna risk leaving the hospital and then Tyler finds you again."

I rolled my eyes. "Phil, he's not going to find me nor hit me, I'll be alright."

He exhaled, beginning to walk away, his face turned away from me. "I just don't want you to get hurt, that's all."

I couldn't find the right words to reply with, so I shut my mouth. He left and came back with a wheelchair, helping me out the bed then setting me into it. I cringed, my hospital gown uncomfortable. I wasn't wearing any underwear either, so that made it even more awkward. I crossed my legs as we rolled down to the cafeteria.

"I can walk, you know," I giggled, looking up at him. He smiled down at me, continuing to wheel me down the hall.

"I know. But we might get food faster if we use this as an excuse."

I saw the cafeteria and spotted the dessert table, gasping and jumping out of the wheelchair. I felt cold air hit my bum and I gasped, realizing I got up too fast. I heard Phil burst out laughing behind me and instantly held my gown to cover me again.