006 - Long Time, No See

"Edward!" I ran and hugged him.

I was happy to see the man who had helped me almost escape. Both of them. Even if Jonathan was annoying.

"Lillian, I'm -"

Edward is soon cut off by Jonathan. "A thank you is reasonable." Luckily, I was too happy to even care how cocky he sounded.

"Thank you, thank you! I didn't think anyone would come, especially Jonathan," I smile, thanking both of them.

"Your hair," Edward mumbles.

I had totally forgotten about my hair, it was bleached. It didn't match me, my dark green eyes and tanned skin didn't go well with almost-white hair. I hadn't even gotten a look at myself but I already know it's bad.

"Jervis, he bleached it."

"I think it suits you," Jonathan states, avoiding eye contact.

Um? I gave him a small smile, nodding to him, not even processing what he had just said to me. Wait, was that a compliment?

"So, where are we?" I ask them, ignoring the sort-of-compliment that Jonathan had given me.

"Well, we're off the island," Edward tells me. My whole body seems to sigh in relief at his statement.

Finally!

"We're near Arkham City though," Jonathan says.

"So, where do we plan to go?" I continued with questions.

"I thought we were going our separate ways."

"I - I don't even know how to get home, I'm not familiar with this side of the city," I spoke, kicking the ground.

"I have a place, we can all stay there until we get everything settled. It's a few blocks from here, I guess we're walking," Edward informs us both, but staring at me the whole time. A small chuckle came from him and I groan.

"What are you laughing about?" I ask, annoyed for some reason.

Mood swings. I just love them.

"The fact that you're wearing a dress," he laughs again.

"It isn't that funny," I state. Because, well, it really wasn't.

"Well, Edward, Alice, I'm guessing it's time for us to get going," Jonathan says, putting emphasis on the Alice, because he knew who Jervis wanted me to be. Everyone was just full of jokes today, huh?

"Right!" Edward and I say in unison before following The Riddler to wherever his hideout was.