Chapter 8

To clear up any confusion, yes, her memory was erased.

———

My alarm clock went off and I groaned. It had been a long day yesterday. There was a little kid birthday party and they all wanted to ride horses. It was cute, but very tiring. Because of this, I wasn't going to get up at four like I normally would for my run. Instead, I was getting up at six and just getting the jobs done with the horses right away.

I rolled over and shut the alarm clock off by slamming my hand on top of it and just laid there for a moment more, wanting to sleep more but knew I can't, not for a while at least. I needed to get my chores done.

Rubbing my eyes, I stood up from bed and quickly got ready in my work clothes for the day and headed out to the kitchen to have some breakfast. Seeing that my dad was already up and making some, I grabbed a plate of food which included eggs, bacon, and pancakes.

After I finished eating, I got up, washed the plate off and said, "thanks dad."

"No problem sweetie." He smiled at me as he got his own plate ready to start eating.

I then quickly strode out the door and headed towards the barn, starting my chores for the day.

I finished my chores about three hours later so it was now around nine thirty. I had basically the entire day to kill for myself besides taking the horses out to exercise.

I decided I was going to spend my time riding Storm until lunch time but before I did that, I was going to grab a snacki first.

I grabbed two apples, one for me and one for Storm. On my way out the door, I was stopped by my dad. "Mia! There's someone coming over around one today. They want some lessens with a horse. And before you ask, no, they did not say what kind of lessens, just that they wanted some lessens."

I grumbled at that, I didn't know what kind of horse to get ready for them if they didn't say what the lessen was. It could have been a beginner who knew nothing about riding, or a little kid. We just got a horse a couple days ago that was for people like this, his name is Rider. We got him from one of our neighbors, they just weren't able to keep him.

Sure, we've been giving lessons to beginners before but our horses weren't made specifically for them. Now we had Rider who was made specifically for them.

"Okay dad!" I yelled back before running out of the house and to the barn to ride Storm.

---

After lunch, I hurried over to the barn and waited for the person's arrival. In the meantime, I was going to groom Storm, which is what I did. Halfway through my black beast's grooming, a car pulled up in the driveway.

Putting my brush down, I straightened my appearance, why? I don't know. I felt like I needed to though. I strode out of the barn, leaving Storm tied to where he was on a post to meet the person that came.

A guy stepped, one of the most handsome I'd ever seen. He looked to be just a few years older than me, like he was twenty four. He had golden hair and dark brown eyes. I could also tell from this distance that he wasn't a guy who smiled a lot if at all. When his eyes touched mine, a sense of deja vu fell over me and I couldn't shake it off. It was like my eyes were glued to his and I couldn't move. He seemed to be the only thing in the world and I was just sucked into the chocolate depths.

I was able to eventually pull my eyes away from his and walk up to him to introduce myself. Sticking my hand out to shake his, I said, "I'm Mia. Welcome."

He put his hand in mind and I literally almost melted at his touch as sparks went flying up my arm. I shivered at the feeling and took my hand back quickly. His voice though is what almost made my legs go out from under me.

"I'm Adam."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, here's the next update! I'm sorry for the wait! I will try to upload one more chapter today or tomorrow but no promises. I will do my best though! What do you think?

Comment

Vote

Share