Chapter 9 (Part one)

"I'm Adam."

---

I shook off my deja vu and smiled at Adam, "hi, I'm Mia. So, what have you came here to learn today?"

Adam shrugged, "I don't know. I just know that I want to learn how to ride horses and I figured that this was the best place to come."

"You've got that right. So I'm guessing you've had no riding experience at all?"

"Nope," Adam said shaking his head as he replied sheepishly, "none."

"Well then I guess let's get you on a beginners horse. And we just got the perfect horse. Come on," I said with a chuckle before turning around and heading back in the barn to get Rider. Adam followed me and watched as I saddled him up. While doing that, I told Adam to go grab a helmet and he did as he was told.

Soon everything was ready and we went to the round pen, which was where we took people and horses to train and learn how to ride.

Once in there I turned to Adam and said, "okay, jump on up on the horse and we can get started."

Adam patted the horse a few times before he did as I said and looked down at me. "Okay, what do I do now?"

I instructed him for the next hour on what to do. It took him a while to get the hang of it but he eventually did. The entire time, we just talked about stuff though. When we were getting close to the end, I said, "alright, I think that's enough for today."

He jumped down off of Rider and came towards me, "so do we put the horse away then?"

"Yeah, I'll show you," I answered taking the reins, "just follow me." I started leading both him and the horse towards the barn to put him back in the stall.

Adam did as I said and watched how I took his tack off and then put him in the stall. He seemed to be listening intently to everything that I was saying but the next thing he asked shocked me.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

I froze. Memories of my last boyfriend came rushing back into my brain, he was the reason I've never really had one after, even if it's been a few years. Sure, I may have been on a couple dates, but that's it. Slowly, I turned toward him and hoped that he thought of my frozen state was because of the abrupt question. He didn't seem fazed at all when I faced him and only smiled at me instead.

"No," I said shaking my head also to shake away the memories that liked to cloud my brain. "Why?"

He all of a sudden seemed nervous as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me. I know you don't really know me minus the hour we just spent together but I would like to get to know you more. Maybe you would like to do the same with me?"

I don't know what compelled me to say it but I did. "Okay, I'll go on a date with you."

He broke out into the most amazing grin I ever saw. "Really? Great! Should I pick you up around seven tonight then?"

"Wait! Tonight! That's not enough notice at all! Why tonight? Why not tomorrow?"

"I well um... just spend as much time with you so.... yeah."

I thought it over. I kind of wanted to spend all my time with him too. I don't know why, but I did. "Okay, I guess tonight is fine, see you then, I guess."

"Great! See you in a few hours!" With that, Adam turned and left the barn, heading toward his car and driving off.

Meanwhile, I was just standing there, staring after him and wondering if he had anything planned for tonight. And if he did, what?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know, I'm sorry! You must hate me for not updating for three weeks but I had homecoming this week and my house almost burnt down on labor day so I haven't had the time to write. I'm sorry! I'll update again as soon as I can!

I'm sorry it's so short to. I figured something was better than nothing.

Comment

Vote

Share