Chapter 34: (Adam's P.O.V.)

I felt Mia wrap her legs around my waist, refusing to let me go. I was not going to let her go anyways. I did not acknowledge my state of undress and neither did she. I whispered reassuring words in her ear as she cried and I mind linked Dylan to ask Lia where I could get some clothes for Mia. I was not about to let her walk around like this and have anyone stare at her. She was mine and I'm the only one who could see her like this. I will kill anyone who does. Which reminded me of something I had to do.

I mind linked other pack members to take care of Dominic after I walked out of the room and had the orders from Lia where I should get some. The war was over, all the vamps had been killed unless they were taken hostage and to the dungeon. Most were dead though, barely any alive. I did not care whether they lived or died except for one.

I covered my mate up as I walked through the halls back to her old room. Lia mentioned where it was and as I got closer, I smelt my mates scent become stronger. I knew where it was now with no direction. Her legs tightened more around me as I walked. I rubbed her back in a soothing manner, trying not to let her be so afraid. I was going to comfort her as long as I need to and as long as she needed to.

I opened her door and closed in behind us once inside. I looked around, searching for some clothes when I spotted some on the bed. I walked in that direction and paused by the bed. I didn't let go and neither did she.

I whispered softly in her ear, "is it alright if I set you down sweetheart? So we can put some actual clothes on you? I don't want others seeing you."

Mia did not answer me for a full minute, I felt her shaking in my arms and I held her tighter to me, trying to calm her down. Eventually, she nodded and slowly removed herself from my grasp.

I had no idea what was going through her mind and I wish I did. It pissed me off how much Dominic has done to ruin my girl. But it was the gasp I heard that caught my attention. I looked over to see if anything was wrong and she had tears in her eyes. Without another thought, I wrapped her up in a hug and asked, "what's wrong baby girl?"

"Nothing," Mia answered, turning around and returning the hug tightly, I just haven't worn anything that is not reveling and not a dress of some sort in a long time."

I growled at this. My girl did not deserved to be treated like that at all. I paused when she laughed lightly and added, "plus, I really missed jeans." Then she let go of me, turned around and took off whatever little clothing she did have on. It should not be even considered clothing anyways. It barely covered anything. That did not stop me or my wolf desiring her when she stood there completely bare.

I stopped myself from looking at her and being lustful toward her, just looking at her head while she changed. She was different already from the girl I loved. She would have been trying to cover herself up or have me turn around so I would not see her before. Now, it's like she didn't care or was use to people looking at her. That made my wolf growl but I stopped it before I could make a sound.

When she turned around and I looked into her eyes after she finished changing, that did not seem to be the case. There was another meaning there but I could not quite place it.

She was now wearing jeans and a t-shirt, courtesy of Lia. I, myself, was still bare, but I didn't care, nor did she when I picked her up once more, not letting her, as I made my way back to the door we came in.

Her arms wrapped around my neck once again as she laid her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes. I could hear her heart rate slowing and knew she was much calmer than earlier. She was not asleep though. I couldn't let her sleep either, not yet, not until we were back. Then she could have all the rest she wanted.

Once we reached outside through the many twist and turns, I set her down on her feet once more. "I need you to climb onto my back sweetheart when I turn into  my wolf. Okay? And hold on tight."

Mia nodded then asked, "Adam, can we go to the tree house?"

"We can go anywhere you'd like." I answered honestly, brushing hair behind her ear. "It does not matter to me."

I was rewarded a small smile from her which I took as a victory. I then shifted into my wolf and she climbed on when I bent down to help her up. When she was secured, I raced off to in the direction of the tree house. Never looking back at this place.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should I keep trying to update everyday? What do you guys think? I'm doing an okay job of it lately. I can do my best to try and keep it up.

Comment

Vote

Share