Chapter 18

I arrived back home with Adam later that afternoon. I was riding Storm and he was on Rider. Since Rider hadn't been taken back while I was out and stayed there at the house, or mansion I should call it because it really was one, we were taking him back now. Plus, it was just more convenient.

"It's good to be back home," I commented once I saw my house at the edge of the woods.

"For you it may be," Adam grumbled under his breath, "but now I don't get to see you all day."

"Oh hush," I giggled, able to hear him, "you come by here everyday anyways. So you'll be fine."

"Yeah, but I still don't get to wake up next to you or go to sleep beside you, that counts as all day."

I blushed and turned away from him and just stared at my house. "True," I answered slowly, "but you still get to see me everyday because you come everyday and whenever you feel like it."

"Yes," he said as we rode closer to the house, "but I'm taking you on a real date tomorrow night. Remember that."

I was shocked and I knew that if I would have been drinking something right then, I would have spit it out or choked on it. After gaining my composure, which took me a few moments, I asked, "what? Not going actually ask me or something? Just tell me your taking me on a date?"

Adam grinned, recognizing me teasing him. "But of course. Besides, you wouldn't tell me no. You would have gone along with it."

Now it was my turn to grumble because it was true. I glared at him and replied, "fine. You're right. Where are you taking me?"

"Nah ah," he tsked, "that's a surprise. You're going to have to wait and find out."

"Why?" I whined, wanting to know the answer and hoping it annoyed him enough to tell me.

"Because, as I said buttercup, it's a surprise."

"Buttercup?" I repeated, wrinkling my nose as if in disgust. "Where did that come from? And don't call me that."

"I'm trying out names for you princess. Can't I not do that?"

"No, it's weird."

"I'm guessing you only think it's weird because nobody has ever called you a pet name before and if they have, you didn't like it. But trust me sweetheart, you won't think it's weird after awhile. You're going to like it, especially since I won't stop calling you them anyways."

"Oh, sometimes you can be so annoying pooky bear," I giggled, throwing it back at him.

He glowered at that. "Don't call me that. I don't like that one kitten. And you don't want to know what I'm like if I don't like something." He gave me a mischievous grin at this.

I rolled my eyes and jumped off of Storm once we stopped in front of the barn. "Nope, if you get to call me pet names, I get to call you some too Jelly Bean."

"Ahh... my angel," he sang dismounting as well, "if you're going to keep pulling these silly nicknames of yours, there's going to be some serious consequences."

"Like what Beanie," I'm not afraid of you."

"Oh, I know you aren't," Adam replied backing me up against a wall, "but there are other things I can do. Like this." He leaned down and kiss the weak spot on my neck. Because of this, my legs almost gave out, but Adam caught me before I could fall.

When he pulled away, I was breathless and shaking, though I had literally did nothing and just stood there as he kissed my neck, and asked as a comeback, "is that all you got?"

"For now pumpkin, but right now, we need to put these horses away and then I need to get going for the long way to my house since, you know, I live far away from you. Farther than I'd like."

I rolled my eyes, we were back at it again? He was just going to have to learn to live with it! Sighing, I answered, "then we better hurry, because my family is also expecting me. You know you could stay for dinner too. I'm sure they wouldn't mind."

"Really?" Adam grinned, his face lighting up before turning mischievous once more, "maybe they'll even let me stay overnight. They like me a lot already, especially since they let you stay over at my house for a few days without complaint."

I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I pulled Storm's tack off and put it away. It was going to be long day, or weeks even if he acted like this all the time, complaining about wanting to be next to me 24/7.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter done! Yay! What do you think of it?

Comment

Vote

Share