SEVEN

"When can I take you out then?".

"You want to take me out?". I asked surprised, banging my head lightly on my headboard.

Jason's soft voice sent the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up, as his deep chuckle whistled through my ears.

"Yeah, why you so surprised?".

I bit down onto my bottom lip, thinking of a reason why I'm surprised. I guess, I haven't spoken to a male figure like this since. . Courtney. This feeling was brand new all over again, I felt like a little school girl having their first crush. For some odd reason, I was excited to get to know Jason. He wasn't the type of man my family would want me to bring home but right about now Jason was good enough for me. He understood me, not many people actually understands me; other than him it's only been two others.

"I guess," I started, "it's just that I don't seem like the type of girl you would want to take out on a date".

"What do you mean by that?".

"I don't seem like your type".

"Why? Cos, your black and I'm white?". He concluded my point.

"Something like that".

"I like my black girls".

I giggled. My eyes widen as I threw my head back banging it on headboard again as I erupted out into laughter.

"Is that so Jason?".

"Yes. I like them a lot, especially when they're looking like you".

I felt the heat in my cheeks increase as Jason's compliment sunk in and hitched onto my heart, leaving a small smile on my lips.

What was he doing to me?

"I'm guessing by the tone of your voice that's a cheeky flirty compliment?".

"Take it how you want to take it . . C".

I felt my phone vibrating at my eyes non stop, I looked at the screen to see Isaac's name flashing.

"Jason, I might have to phone you back. Isaac's calling me".

I heard him kiss his teeth quietly. I frowned lightly at his behaviour, he understood that myself and Isaac were only friends and nothing more matter of a fact I've grown to see Isaac more as a older brother now. If this is the way he was going to act whenever I mention Isaac's name whatever he had in thought about us can go right through the window cause, Isaac ain't going anywhere.

"You choosing him over me now?".

"No," I rolled my eyes, "he might need my help, he's like a brother". Petty.

"Hmm". He sighed, "but Saturday night I'm taking you to the movies be ready by eight".

"Alright," I realised a sigh of relief that he didn't carry on his unwanted behaviour on, "see you then Jason".

"It's a date then".

"A date," I confirmed with a grin on my face.

"Don't get too happy now".

"Not even," I laughed lightly, "see you Friday Jason".

"Bet your smiling now".

"Goodbye Jason".

"My sexy chocolate delight," he chuckled to hisself, "sexy name for a sexy girl".

I laughed lightly, as my mind ran back to Courtney and his devilish ways.

Courtney definitely is

. . The devils creation.

December 9th 2010.