Chapter 6 - Tom laments Avril's sudden departure as opening day arrives

The Lighthouse Hotel chapter 6 - Tom laments Avril's sudden departure as opening day arrives

-

The conversation between the old friends went long in to the night and ended up with the guests feeling rather tipsy and rather reluctant to go to bed even though it was well past midnight.

Tom had decided to inspect the master bedroom which was reserved for the affluent type of clientele where money was no object.

It would make a marvellous room for a honeymoon couple he thought to himself as as he was admiring the beautiful decor and the four poster bed which would add appeal to this room.

He suddenly had an idea but what would Avril think of his proposal as he smiled to himself before closing the door to this beautiful imitation Georgian designed room.

He was just about to make his proposal when he discovered to his immense disappointment that Avril was out for the count and snoring her pretty head off,the sound reminded him of a brood of young pigs.

His master plan appeared to be up in smoke as he quickly made his way down the elegant iron spiral staircase with a glass of "Jameson's" Irish whisky in his hand.

He so desperately wanted to try out the master bedroom but not alone,it would have been a fitting place for him to share a nights passion with his old flame or so he thought.

Unluckily Tom had been thwarted be had missed an opportunity which had presented itself on a plate to satisfy his lusty desires.

The following morning both Avril and Tom had got up early and had already taken a short walk along the promenade.

Meanwhile Leo was still fast asleep and Tom had only just taken an early morning shower.It was only after Tom stepped in to the shower that he heard a familiar voice call out to him as he turned around quite startled whilst shivering in the nude.

-

Avril- I say Tom are you up dear?,there's something I need to discuss with you.

Tom- Oh right I'll be with you in a few minutes as I'm just having my morning shower,you don't want to see me in the pink this early in the morning do you?.

Avril- Oh do stop fussing about your modesty dear,I've seen it all before,here take this towel if it bothers you so much.

Tom-Well what is it love,what do you wish to discuss with me?.

Avril- I haven't got long Tom as me and Dad will be leaving shortly.

Tom- What do you mean you're leaving shortly?,I need you here for the opening ceremony and to organise the staff rota not to mention your role of meeting and greeting the public.

Avril- Yes I'm sorry to let you down but I'm needed in Solentville today,there's a board meeting taking place at Solent Leisure which is the new company which was set up recently.

What with it being Cowes week in a fortnight and my responsibilities in sorting out the sponsorship issues with the fast net races I'm afraid my duties lie elsewhere.

Tom- I see well I can sympathise with you now,but what has a board meeting got to do with all of that?.

Avril- Sir Charles Harvey and Ken Charlery are trying to pull the rug Sent from my iPad

They are both significant stake holders in the company and have made no secret that they want me ousted from my position as Chief executive.

Tom- Oh that's really nice of them and to think I actually invited them to the opening day ceremony.