Chapter 11 - Tom gets all fruity with Isobella but she rebuffs his advances

The Lighthouse Hotel Chapter 11 - Tom gets all fruity with Isobella but she rebuffs his advances.
-

The following morning Tom awoke bright and early having slept through the breakfast service.He was all psyched up for whatever life had in store for him today.

No doubt his perfect nights sleep was in part due to his nervous exhaustion given the events of the previous day.

It was now just after 10 am as he made his way quickly towards the reception desk.He was running late as he prepared the imminent arrival of 6 Spanish students who were seeking gainful employment.

He was quite relieved that he wouldn't be required to rely on his basic knowledge of Spanish when communicating with the interviewees.

Isobella had proved yesterday in her short conversation with Tom that she had a good grasp of the English language.

The group of ladies arrived 15 minutes later than their planned appointment time and arrived in he foyer and were just about to introduce themselves to Tom.

-

Tom- Good morning ladies I trust you managed to find the hotel without any difficulties.

Isabella- Hola !! Buenos Dias Que tal? (hi good morning how are you?.)

Tom- I'm fine thanks,you didn't say that you were going to give me Spanish lessons Isabella,ha ha and how are you?.

Isobella- Muy bien y tu? (Very well and you?), esta es (this is) Susanna,Maria,Julia,Anna and Mylene.You know me of course from our previous conversation yesterday.

Tom- Very well please come through I want to show you around our wonderful hotel and introduce you to a few of our members of staff.

Isobella- Vale !!! (Alright) but first I think we all need a little refreshment,do you have a cafe in the hotel or could you provide us with a drink Tom?.It's been a hectic journey for us all coming here this morning.

Tom- No problem what would you all like to drink?.

Isobella- Que desean?,(what would you like to drink ladies?).

Susanna- Un cafe solo (a black coffee)

Maria- Un cafe con leche (a coffee with milk)

Julia- Un aqua mineral (a mineral water)

Anna- Un zumo de naranja (an orange juice)

Mylene- Un refresco de limon (a lemon drink)

Isabella- Yo quiera una coca cola por favor (I would like a coca cola please).

Tom- Ok ladies coming up,I'll be back soon and please don't be too hard on me as it's been a wee while since I last spoke Spanish so I'm a bit rusty.

-

Tom was feeling rather pleased with himself as he made his way towards the bar area as Isobella had taken quite a shine to him.

He noticed that she couldn't keep her eyes of him and was constantly fluttering them at him whilst biting her top lip,this was a sigh that she fancied him or so Tom thought.

Meanwhile it was Leo's day off work and he was determined to get his antiques business up and running whether that was with or without Lovejoy's help.

He and his father had discussed his involvement with Lovejoy and Leo had taken on board his father's advice about not too deeply involved in business matters with this local scoundrel.

The Interviewing process lasted for almost an hour and a half and Tom was now in a position where he could offer all of the interviewees a role within the hotel.