Chapter 10

Leo's POV

We were at Vic's house celebrating New Year's. We had been playing video games when we realized it was almost midnight. Vic quickly changed the channel so we could watch the ball drop.

"10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" We all cheered. Vic grabbed me and kissed me, his lips fitting with mine perfectly. We pulled away and smiled at each other, resting our foreheads against one another's.

"Can you promise me something?"

"Anything."

"Promise me you'll never leave me," I whispered.

"I'd never let you go my dear." As he finished the guys started popping party poppers making us jump. 

"Happy New Years!" Jaime screamed, jumping around like a six year old.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Here, take my jacket," Vic said, trying to put his jacket over my shoulders. I brushed his hands away, wincing slightly as they bumped the bruises forming on my back.

"Vic, I'm fine," I said, slipping my hand in his. "We're almost there anyways."

"You are so stubborn."

"JAIME! Put me down!" I yelled as Jaime started spinning me around.

"But I missed you!" he pouted.

"You saw me yesterday."

"Wel-"

"Come on, we're gonna be late," I said, rushing into the building. Vic and I quickly walked to Math, taking to the two empty seats in the back. We were talking about our favorite albums when Missy walked over.

"Everybody! Freak boy and freak girl are finally together! They're perfect for each other, I mean they are both emo freaks!" She screeched, the class filling with laughter. I grabbed Vic's hand under the desk, my thumb making small circles over the back of his hand.

He relaxed in his seat as the teacher walked in. Class went on as usual and the bell rang. By the time lunch rolled around I was ready to go home.

"Hey," Vic whispered in my ear, wrapping his arms around my waist. I leaned back against him and kissed his cheek. Mike coughed making us break apart.

"Sorry," I blushed. We sat around talking before the bell rang.

"Hey Lee!"

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I have to tell you something," Vic said.

"What's up?"

"I got into San Diego University!"

"Congratulations!" I said, enveloping him in a hug. The warning bell rang and we quickly separated to get to class.

Although it was great news I couldn't help but wonder if Vic is going to leave me? Will he forget about me? Will he still love me in a few years?I know he said he loved me, but could our love withstand the pressure?

After school I waited for everyone by the gates.

"Leo, do you want to come watch us practice?" Mike asked. I thought for a moment before nodding my head 'yes'. We walked over to Vic and Mike's house and went in the garage. They played a few songs before taking a break.

"Well?" Vic asked, sitting down next to me.

"You guys are really good. When is your next gig?"

"It's still a little ways away, you wanna come?"

"Of course I wanna go watch my boyfriend and his amazing band!" They played a few more songs and called it a night. The boys went inside to play video games while Vic and I stayed in the garage.

"Do you want to go to my house?" He nodded his head and we quickly left.

"Leona? Is that you?"

"Go wait in my room," I said, slightly shoving Vic down the hall.

"Yeah mom!"

"Where were you?"

"I had to work on a project for my Math class with my partner."

"Alright. It's getting late, you should go to your room."

"Okay," I said, walking back to my room. Vic and I talked about various things until it was starting to get dark.

"Do you want to see something beautiful?"

"What could be more beautiful than the girl I'm looking at?"

"Oh come on you, it's outside."

"Follow me," I said, as I started to walk through the woods behind my house.

"Where are we going Lee?" Vic asked, struggling to keep up. I ignored him and continued walking. Eventually we made it to the clearing. The sky was clear so the moon's bright appearance was reflected on the small lake. I laid down in the soft grass, a cool summer breeze blowing across my face. Vic soon followed and grabbed my hand. We laid there looking at the stars, watching the occasional cloud pass by, until I broke the silence.

"What are we going to do?"

"Huh?"

"Vic, we graduate in a few months," I replied, propping myself up on my elbow so I could face him.

"Well, I know you plan on going to college and I do t-"

"No Vic. I mean, what are we going to do about us?" I asked, sitting up.

"We can make a long distance relationship work. We can visit each oth-"

"Do you really think that would work? That's what my mom said about her and her high school boyfriend. I don't want us to be one of those couples that really tries an-" Before I could finish Vic had pushed me back down and put his hands on either side of my face.

"All I really know, is that I will never stop loving you," he said. Before I could reply his lips met mine, planting a soft, love filled, kiss upon them.

A/N: Now I know what you're thinking, "Why is she posting on a Thursday?". Well Today (Aug. 27) is my birthday, so I wanted to give you all a gift. Thank you all for reading and supporting my story, it means a lot to me that you guys take the time to read this book and give me feed back! 

Love,

Caitlin <3

Music:

Pvris White Noise (Album)

Heaven is Hell by: SayWeCanFly