Chapter 11

Leo's POV

I was waiting at my locker for Vic, considering we always walked to lunch together. Someone tapped me on my shoulder and I turned to see Vic standing there with one single white rose. He quickly leaned in and kissed me before handing me the rose.

"Leona, will you go to prom with me?" I nodded my head yes and kissed him again.

~Later at Vic's house~

I was standing in the Fuente's kitchen helping Mrs. Fuentes make dinner.

"Victor told me you are going to prom with him."

"Yeah."

"Do you have a dress?" she asked, taking the onions I had already cut and adding them to the Rellenos.

"No, I'm probably just going to wear one of my old dresses."

"Why don't you bring one of these old dresses over and I'll help you make it look brand new!"

"Mrs. Fuentes I couldn't possible ask you to do that!"

"Please call me Vivian. I would love to help you with your prom dress!"

"Thank you so much Mrs- Vivian," I said with a smile, continuing to cut the onions.

As soon as Mrs. Fuentes told the boys dinner was ready there was a rush to the table. On his way to the table Mike almost knocked me over.

"Michael! Apologize!" Mrs. Fuentes yelled.

"Sorry Leo," he said, his head down. I nodded in response trying to hold back my laughter as the other boys snickered. During dinner we talked about Vic and I's graduation quickly approaching, the boys' band, college, and other miscellaneous topics. Mrs. Fuentes asked me to bring a dress over that I wouldn't mind altering tomorrow so we could get started.

"Thank you so much," I said, hugging both Mrs. and Mr. Fuentes.

"You're welcome my dear! I will see you tomorrow correct?"

"Of course Mrs. Fuentes."

"May I walk you home?" Vic asked both his parents and I. His parents said yes and I simply nodded. As we walked he was fairly quiet.

"Vic?"

"Sorry. Did you enjoy dinner?"

"I loved dinner, no one has cooked for me like thatsinc-" I cut myself off before I could finish.

"Since what Leo?"

"S-since my dad died... I was seven, it was a car accident, he and my sister were killed on impact."

"Lee, I'm so sorry."

"No, no, it's fine. It was eleven years ago."

"And your mom, is that what?"

"She was never the same, but I found you. You Victor Fuentes have turned my life around," I said before grabbing him and pulling him closer to me as I crashed my lips against his.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier that day I had packed my dress in my bag so I could go straight to the Fuentes' house after school. I had walked with Vic and Mike to their house. As soon as I got inside Mrs. Fuentes engulfed me in a giant hug. She quickly whisked me away from the boys and we began the work on my dress. She asked me several questions about what I might on my dress. We ended up adding blue and black tool material to lengthen it and tying another piece of blue tool around the waist.

"Well?" she asked, as we both stepped back.

"I... I love it!" I exclaimed, hugging Mrs. Fuentes.

"A beautiful dress for a beautiful girl!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mom and her boyfriend had left for the night. I started my makeup doing my typical black eyeliner and mascara, adding a light layer of grey eyeshadow. I slipped my dress on and put my jewelry on. There was a knock at the door, I took one last look in the mirror before going to answer it. I opened the door and smiled, Vic stood there in a black suit with a blue tie that matched my dress. In his hand he had a corsage that looked like it was made to match my dress.

"Wow, you look... I don't know what to say." I blushed and he slipped the corsage on my wrist.

"How did you know what color?"

"My mom tipped me off," he replied, a slight blush coming to his cheeks.

"Shall we?" he asked, extending his arm of me to take. His beat up red pickup was out front and I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had been dancing for a little while when a slow song came on.

"I don't know how to dance," Vic said sheepishly.

"Follow my lead," I replied, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"How do you know how to dance like this?" he asked, towards the end of the song.

"My mom and dad would dance like this late at night and I'd always sneak down to watch them." He gave me a small smile as we danced to another slow song.

Although this may sound cliché, as we danced, it seemed as if time slowed down.It seemed as if we were the only two people in the world.We were just like all of the other couples in the gym, only different.

As I laid my head down onto Vic's shoulder and continued to dance in bliss, he stroked my hair.

This was quite possibly the happiest I had been in a long, long, time.

"Leona?" Vic questioned.

"Yes, babe?"

"I love you so fucking much."

I raised my head and kissed his sweet, soft, lips. "I love you too," I replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank you Vic, tonight was perfect."

"Anything for you darling," he replied, before planting a kiss on my forehead. "I'll see you Monday."

"Vic wait!" I called. "Stay with me? I don't want to be alone."

"Of course," he replied, closing the door behind him. We walked to my bedroom and I pulled out an oversized Pink Floyd t-shirt and some shorts. Vic took off his shoes and I handed him an oversized Nirvana t-shirt. He slipped it on and climbed into bed next to me.

"I never want this night to end," I whispered.

A/N: 

Firstly, I need your help. I want to change my name, but I don't know what I want to change it to. I would love suggestions, my about me section is filled on my page so you can check that for inspiration. PLEASE HELP ME!

Secondly, I'm sad, there's only three chapters left in this book. I don't know if you'll want a sequel after the way it ends, I'll let you tell me once you read the last chapter. 

<3 Kate