t h r e e

2 years old
"Happy Birthday, baby girl," Daddy said, picking me up .
I giggled smiling widely. I knew I was getting cake and ice cream today and I was ecstatic.
"You're getting so big Julianna," he groaned setting me in a high chair," But you'll always be my baby girl, right?"
I made some noise, but he was right.
"That's my girl ," he stated, kissing my forehead.
The doorbell rang, so he picked me up again, carrying me with him to the front door.
"My baby and Jack."
My grandma and grandpa was here.
"Mother," daddy said, going in for a hug.
Grandma reached out for me and my dad was soon replaced with her.
"Hi baby," she cooed," Miss me ?"
I giggled at her, I only thought of her as some crazy lady that came around once in a while .
"Of course you did ," she smiled, bouncing me up and down,"Grandma bought you something; David , give the girl her gift ."
We were now on the couch and David, grandpa, handed me my gift. I ripped the paper off of it and under it was a box with pink and petty things all over it.
"It's a princess tea party set," Grandma exclaimed, showing dad.
"Oh wow, say thanks Julianna ."
I gurgled something that sounded like a thank you, they understood the idea.
"Have fun with that Jack ," grandpa laughed.
"I guess I have no choice," daddy sighed, setting the box down.
Grandma put me on the floor and I crawled over to the box , banging on it.
"So, Jack , have you heard from her mother ?"
"No, I haven't."
"Did you try talking to her parents ?"
"Honestly I don't know who her parents are. I feel like it don't even know who she is. I'm done," my dad stated loudly.
"She needs a mother, Jack. At least to know who she is ."
"We've been doing just fine without her !"
"Jack, watch how you talk to your mother ."
Dad sighed. I stood up and waddled over to him and climbed in his lap.
"Cake !"
"Ms. Julianna wants cake," he chuckled.
"Cake!"
He lifted my up, making weird noises and carried me into the kitchen.
"I shouldn't give this to you now, but since your my baby girl, I will."
He cut a thin slice of cake for me and fed it to me. I giggled with joy.
"Is it good ?"
"Yees!"
"Jack ."
Grandpa joined us in the kitchen.
"We've got to get going," he stated.
"Alright then."
"Bye Julianna," Grandpa smiled.
I wondered why grandma didn't come say goodbye , but the cake in front of me was much better.