Chapter Eleven-RFK and Jimmy Hoffa; 1955-7

~~~Quote: "I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them", James Riddle "Jimmy" Hoffa (February 14, 1913 – disappeared July 30, 1975; declared legally dead July 30, 1982-), unquote~~~

I

And Jimmy Hoffa spoke.

II

RFK, Democrat Vice President Adlai Ewing Stevenson II; (February 5, 1900 – July 14, 1965), and J. Edgar Hoover, all were fighting the mob.

     Hoffa was the new Al Capone. When he joined  the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT), (1932), he was, even at 19, showed his violent streak. After the 1929 Wall Street crash, and Capone's terror during Prohibition in the 1930's, the shifting of the Mobsters riled J. Edgar. It also riled RFK in the 1950's twenty-five years' later.

III

*For this passage of the book I want to thank PBS and NBC News Archive-An excerpt of the ribald interrogation by lawyer RFK towards Jimmy Hoffa during the Senate Rackets Committee  -"The McClellan Committee Hearings", (1957)*, and is published for the first time in this book, and Watt pad.com*:

~Author Robert Helliger~

ROBERT F. KENNEDY, (LAWYER): "Did you say, 'That S.O.B., I'll break his back'?"

JIMMY HOFFA: (MOBSTER): "Who?", he asked Kennedy.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY: "You!".

JIMMY HOFFA: "Say it to who?", he asked again; he gets agitated.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY: "To anyone", he answers. He forces Hoffa to sweat. He fidgets. And stares at Kennedy with murder in his eyes.

JIMMY HOFFA: "Figure of speech...I don't even know what I was talking about, and I don't know what you're talking about", the mobster says, and he feigns shock.

ROBERT F. KENNEDY: "Uh, Mr, Hoffa. All I'm trying to find out...I'll tell you what I'm talking about; I'm trying to find out whose back you were going to break", he yelled.

JIMMY HOFFA: "Figure of speech; figure of speech", the mobster says, as if he finishes the interrogation by fobbing RFK and his team off.

~~~

Page 11