Chapter Nineteen-Charles Whitman; All American Boy III; 1966

~~~Quote: "A sniper is a guy who feeds his ego. He is not a hero; he is a combatant against America", unquote, (Author Robert Helliger, August 4, 1973-)~~~

ALL AMERICAN BOY III

Wyatt Cafeteria; July 31, 1966

Charles Whitman and his Mom decide to have lunch. It is near the University. During the afternoon, (from 4:00 pm-5:50 pm), he and Kathy arrive at the Morgan family for afternoon tea, and to catch up. Then Kathy spends the last night together with her husband-alive.

I

August 1, 1966, (The Next Day)

Charles Whitman, (who earlier buys old fashioned Spam from a 7-11 store), also buys a sharp knife and binoculars, and murdered his Mom in her apartment. The address was:  1212 Guadalupe Street; Whitman then stabbed his wife after he drove her back home from her telephone operator job, (which Kathy did during the Texas summer from 6:00 pm-10:00 pm), as she was sleeping. They lived at 906 Jewell Street in Texas.

II

Whitman then wrote a suicide note. It was now 6:45 pm.

        Quote: "I do not quite understand what it is that compels me to type this letter. Perhaps it is to leave some vague reason for the actions I have recently performed. I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average reasonable and intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual and irrational thoughts...( I ) want to save you all from the suffering of this World...And to save you all the embarrassment of my actions", unquote~~~

Whitman then added to his suicide note. He used a ball point pen:

      Friends interrupted. 8-1-66 Mon. 3:00 A.M. BOTH DEAD. I imagine it appears that I brutally killed both of my loved ones. I was only trying to do a quick thorough job...If my life insurance policy is valid, please pay off my debts; donate the rest anonymously to a mental health foundation. Maybe research can prevent further tragedies of this type", AUTHOR'S NOTE TO READERS *(This is the uncut version of Charles Whitman's fractured thoughts, I have tidied up the punctuation for dramatic purposes only)*

Whitman wanted, quote, "An organic reason for his headaches", unquote. His final note read:

        ''Thoughts For the Day'

         "8-1-66. I never could quite make it. These thoughts are too much for me", *(Uncut note by Charles Whitman in which was in an envelope)*

Lastly, Whitman, after making sure Schocie, (Kathy and Charles's puppy), was well cared for by her parents.

        He then wanted two rolls of film that was in his apartment to be developed. Then, satisfied every order and note was written and received, Charles Whitman decided to become one of America's worst sniper killers...And, the image of the clean-cut Military All-American boy, was gone...And, in its place, was pure evil.

~~~

Author's note: This ends the second last part of the Charles Whitman story. The final part is next chapter.

Page 19