Chapter 2

(6 months later on an uninhabited island far from Berk)....

The woods was peaceful and moving slowly in tune with the wind but was disturbed as something flew through it quickly. Then a swift shadow ran through them not far behind the object flying lowly through the woods on purpose to lure the shadow away from it as a test. The shadow began catching up quickly to the object and was almost upon it until it made a surprise move to the left. Surprised for a second, the shadow made the move to the left and ran faster than before to make up for lost distance.

Closing the distance once again, the shadow was able to jump onto the object before it flew upwards away from the forest to reveal itself to be a black as night dragon that was known, and feared, as the Night Fury. The shadow was merely more than a person that wore a suit of armor to be feared and a mask to protect the person's identity from the dragons that worked for the evil Red Death. "Nice job Toothless," the person said praisingly through the mask as they continued flying upwards before flying in a straight way through the sky to allow the person to walk on Toothless's back until the person reached the saddle and sat down with both legs to the side and hands on the tightly made saddle rings attached to it.

Thank you, not bad yourself Hiccup. You seem about to be ready to fight the Red Death since you were able to keep up with me. But it was a close call since you almost missed your chance to jump onto my back when I was about to fly upwards, Toothless said praisingly back to the person as he flapped his wings some more to gain a little more altitude in the sky.

Laughing a bit, the person took off the mask to reveal a young female with emerald eyes, few faint freckles, high cheekbones, a faint scar across the right cheek, thin lips, and ivory tanned skin. Smirking, the female that was known as Hiccup, among her people, said "Well, I did learn from the best Toothless."

Ever since Toothless snatched her away from her home on Berk, he has been training Hiccup on fighting techniques, survival, dragon enhancement, and a lot of other stuff that even her trainers couldn't teach her back on Berk. She had gained a lot of muscle, and stamina, learned a lot of knowledge that no one could've guessed about before, and became a totally different person. Her mother often visited in her glowing form to see how her daughter was doing and teaching her some techniques on how to train the dragons and gain the dragons, and Toothless's, trust. It has been working on discovering every new dragon species they ever come across.

She had even upgraded her clothing to where she can protect herself from harm. She added light metal shoulder pads that went past the shoulders and ended with a sharp tip, metal arm guards that went towards her elbow and went past her wrist and stopped past the middle of her hand with another sharp tip, a metal chest plate over her dark green shirt, and her shawl had been upgraded to go past her shoulders to the upper part of her arm and to hide small sharp weapons she could use in case of emergency. Her brown leather skirt had changed from being worn straight long to being worn sideways wrapped loosely around her waist, the wrappings held a couple daggers on each leg, her boots had sharp studs around the ankle twice and held a dagger on either side of the leg, with the brown fur at the top of the boots while the rest of it was leather, around her waist was a belt that held a light sword with a few surprises in different compartments around the waist on the belt, and the mask she held in her hands was handcrafted to look like it was a mysterious person that was just plain black face with red markings around it and had only small eye slits that allowed her to see clearly through the mask.

Hiccup please don't praise me because you are about to make me blush, joked Toothless as they flew through the clouds.

Really, the great Toothless is about to blush because of a comment his best friend made? asked a Nadder jokingly as she joined them flying with a friend of Hiccup's on her back.