Chapter 13

Everyone waited on Berk for something to happen but the air was still as the flames disappeared to leaving nothing of the Red Death behind. Sadness fell upon the village and the dragons hung their heads low in shame and sadness until they heard the sound of wing beats. People saw the dragons pop their heads upwards towards the clouds and looked at the ashy clouds before seeing a winged figure flying towards them. Aden quickly mounted Stormfly and took off towards the weak dragon.

When they got close enough, they saw that it was Toothless holding an unconscious Hiccup in his claws. "Stormfly, get underneath Toothless so we can take Hiccup home from here please," ordered Aden gently.

Stormfly complied to his actions and squawked to Toothless to let go of Hiccup. Toothless weakly complied before falling through the sky. "Stormfly, get Toothless!" Aden shouted scaredly.

They flew after Toothless's falling body until someone grabbed Toothless for them and flew towards Berk. Catching up to them, Aden could see that it was Stormslice and Heather who have caught Toothless, and shifted Hiccup in his arms to take a look at her. She was burned with a few scratches on her face and she had some burn marks on her left arm with some pretty bad burns on her left wing. Her leg couldn't be seen but from the looks of Heather's face, it wasn't pretty.

As Stormfly landed them on Berk, Stormslice gently placed Toothless on the ground before landing on the other side of him to allow her rider to dismount her. Aden gently dismounted Stormfly, while keeping a firm grip on Hiccup, and changed his holding on her to bridal style as he walked towards Stoick to give his daughter to him. Stoick quickly came forward and gently grabbed Hiccup. He pushed her hair aside and placed his ear on her chest to hear for a heartbeat. There was a beat that was still happening. "She's alive!! You brought her back alive!!" Stoick shouted tearfully to the village and thankfully to Toothless.

Everyone on Berk cheered for Toothless and the victory both Hiccup and Toothless had brought to them. The dragons roared happily as they were finally free from their leaders grasp and their hero was still alive. Stock walked forward to Toothless, who was dimly awake, and knelt down next to the dragon. Placing one hand on the dragons head, while keeping the other firmly locked in a grip on Hiccup, he said "Thank you for saving my daughter."

"Well, you know, most of her," said Gobber sadly as he looked down at Hiccup.

~~~

Hiccup layed sleeping peacefully on her bed, without her armor on, while Aden, Heather, and Toothless waited for her to wake. Toothless leered next to her, sniffing at her before pulling back with a worried purr before snorting with a bark. Eyes closed in pain, Hiccup slowly opened her eyes and groaned in pain. Heather and Aden stopped what they were doing, which was playing Catch the Object First, and stared as Hiccup closed her eyes once again in pain and opened them fully to see herself in her home. Toothless rubbed his head against hers in a happy mood while Hiccup smiled in happiness as she placed her hands against Toothless's head while saying "Hey Toothless. I'm happy to see you to buddy."

Then Toothless placed a paw on her stomach making her sit upwards in pain before realizing where they were. "I'm in my house," she said slowly as she looked around before continuing, "Uh, you are in my house bud. What the-? What's going on and what are you doing here Aden?"

Aden was about to reply before Toothless started running around the room happily accidentaly knocking stuff over before coming over to Hiccup's other side and sniffing at her while she said "Does my dad know your here bud? Okay, Okay."

"Toothless come on. Toothless!" said Hiccup in a desperate manner as Toothless ran off towards a beam and was trying to climb it but stopped as he heard Hiccup say his name much louder to catch his attention.