Chapter 12

(6 months ago...)

After flying for a few hours, Toothless gently landed Hiccup onto the ground, on an island far from Berk, before landing himself onto the ground and walking through a stream to find fish to eat for this late. Hiccup couldn't believe what happened. A dragon had kidnapped her and took her away from her home. 'Why?' she asked herself as she sat down on the ground looking out at the ocean before her.

I did it to help protect you from my leader if she found out what I knew about you, Toothless responded before grabbing a mouthful of fish and placing them into a pile for himself.

'Why would your leader want you to kill me if she knew of my love for peace,' Hiccup questioned as she turned to look at Toothless behind her.

I really don't know Hiccup, but you need to be prepared for what she will do to us if she finds us, Toothless replied as he went back to the stream for more fish.

'Yah, but why did hesitate in killing me?' Hiccup asked curiously thinking about the little scene from earlier before she was taken.

Because I don't kill unless it is has a reason to my kind but since your different, and can talk to us easily, I realised that your different from our leader described you, Toothless stated as he caught more fish.

'Great to know that I'm not the typical Viking you thought I was since I'm nothing but a walking fish bone,' Hiccup said sarcastically as she turned to look out at the ocean again.

Toothless gave off a laughing gurggle from his throat before coming over to the high pile of fish he made and started eating. Suddenly he threw up a head of a fish to offer to Hiccup. 'Uhh thanks Toothless but I won't be hungry till in the morning bud,' Hiccup politely said.

How did you know my name? Toothless asked amazed.

'I don't really know but call me crazy cause I thought I heard a dragon call out 'Toothless! Get back here!' so I figured that was maybe your name, guess I was right,' Hiccup replied unsure.

He rolled his eyes at the dragon that gave away his name and just continued eating before hearing the squawks of a few Terrible Terrors. Toothless growled, as the Terrors landed and started walking towards both him and Hiccup, and wrapped his tail around Hiccup, as if to protect her, while placing a paw protectively over his catch. Hiccup watched with fascination as the Terror tried to get close to the fish Toothless had but Toothless growled angrily at the Terror making it squawk, and step back, in fear.  But another Terror, a red one, grabbed the head of a fish, that Toothless offered to Hiccup, and pulled it away from the human and the dragon to eat it.

The green Terror, the one the tired to grab a fish from Toothless's pile, tried to take the fish from the red Terror but failed as the red Terror used his fire against the green Terror. Toothless watched them with a bored expression but quickly turned it into interest as a fish popped up from the pile on its own and stared making its way out of the pile. Then a blue Terror crawled its way out of the pile with the fish in its mouth. Hiccup watched was curiousness as Toothless grabbed the fish and played a bit of tug-of-fish before Toothless won by a lot and swallowed the fish whole leaving the blue Terror with only but a bit of the fish's fin left.

It was mad and spitted it out before getting ready to fire at Toothless. Toothless just looked at the blue Terror with a bored expression before firing at the Terror's mouth as it opened it to fire. The Terror landed on the ground and walked around ditzy while its friends squawked, in a laughing way, at what they saw. 'Huh, not so fireproof on the inside, are you guys?' asked Hiccup amusingly as she got up and went over to the stream.

She caught a couple of small fishes and walked over to where the Terrors were. The Terrors were prepared to attack but stopped when Hiccup threw the fish over towards them saying, 'Here you go.'

Smiling, she went over to where Toothless laid and laid down against his back ready to get some sleep before leaving this island in the morning to find their home. Suddenly she felt something nudging her hand and opened her eyes to see the blue Terror looking at her curiousness before it cuddled against her while she laid her hand against his back. 'Everything the Vikings know about you guys, is wrong,' Hiccup remarked in awe as she petted the Terror, she now called SkyVolt, while he slept.

~~~

(Present time....)

"Toothless, do you remember what you did to SkyVolt six months ago?" Hiccup yelled in a questioning manner while they maneuvered around the clouds to confuse the Red Death.

Yes I do but what does that have to do with fighting this creature, Toothless replied before he shot at the Red Death's wings to create a tear.

"Well, what if we did the same to the Red Death if she tried to blast us?" Hiccup asked in a smug tone while still yelling as she shot her own plasma blast at the Red Death.

Okay, now I can see where you are going. But we need to wait...

"Toothless the time's up!!! She's getting to agitated right now and if we don't act now, she will destroy the whole village!!!" Hiccup shouted as she laid down against Toothless's back while the Red Death's fire went right over them.

Okay so how are we going to have her follow us to the ground if we want to finish this battle?  Toothless asked as he made another blast at another one of the Red Death's wings.

"Simple, we make her more agitated than before and insult her while taunting her about her servants turning against her and maybe she might follow us," Hiccup replied as she blasted the Red Death as well.

Well, do you think that we should do this now or....

"We gotta finish this now before it's too late Toothless!" Hiccup yelled in distress as she ducked once more underneath the line of the Red Death's fire.

Then, let's finish that dragon once and for all! declared Toothless angrily cause nobody messes with his rider and get's away with it.

Hiccup nodded her head yes and turned Toothless's saddle to her left to fly in front of the Red Death to insult her. "Come on you overgrown fat dragon!! Is that the best you can do?!?! I've seen dragons bigger than you do better!!!" Hiccup yelled in an angry manner.

The Red Death looked at Hiccup and Toothless angrily through blinded cut eyes before trying to chomp at them and following them down through the clouds. Toothless flew faster than before and started to get scared as the Red Death was closing in on them. "Stay with me bud! We're going to be okay! We're good just a little bit longer bud!!" Hiccup yelled in reassurance while looking behind her to see the Red Death closing in on them.

It narrowed it's eyes at her and Toothless before opening it's mouth. "Hold Toothless..." Hiccup said as she waited for the Red Death to fire before yelling out, "NOW!!"

Toothless flipped himself over and fired into the Red Death's mouth, like he did with SkyVolt, making her choke on her own flames. Soon the clouds dispersed and the Red Death opened her wings to slow her descent down but the tears, that Hiccup and Toothless created, ripped into wider and longer tears. Hiccup helped Toothless right himself over before he opened his wings and was pulled upwards towards the Red Death's gaping mouth.

He pushed himself against the wind and soon they found themselves on the left side of the Red Death's wing going through one of the big tears they made. The Red Death crashed into the ocean and began sinking into the depth of it before the dragons fired at it creating a big explosion with Hiccup and Toothless too close to it. They quickly flew upwards towards the clouds to avoid the flames when they got hit by tail of the Red Death.

Hiccup fell off of Toothless and started falling towards the flames. She looked up at Toothless with teary eyes before whispering "Goodbye. I forgive everyone on Berk. I forgive you dad."

A tear slid down her face as she fell closer and closer to the flames before darkness consumed her. But Toothless was determined to not let Hiccup go down like this and righted himself before flying downwards towards Hiccup. With his claws outstretched, Toothless was determined to catch the falling Hiccup before the flames clouded everyone's vision on Berk and while Heather prayed tearfully to Odin that her sister was alright.