Chapter 8

1 week later...

"Come on guys!! Keep it up!! If you guys fly as fast as you run then you guys will be swallowed whole by the Red Death!!" shouted Hiccup in commanding mode as the gang flew by her and Heather while they stood on the rocky hill observing their newest recruits to help them fight the Red Death.

After Hiccup told her father about her main mission to defeat the Red Death, he suggested that the Vikings take on the Red Death with her. Hiccup refused and told him what she knew of the Red Death. That made him go pale until Heather suggested they use the gang as new recruits to train them for the upcoming battle. Stoick agreed to it cause the more to help Hiccup, the better chances of her surviving her first battle and staying home with him for good.

The wind blew against her braided hair while she pushed away a few strands of her hair away from her face before adjusting the armor on her arms. Toothless layed next to Stormslice waiting to show a demonstration to the newbie flyers. He grinned smugly at the thought while Stormslice snuggled closer to him and whimpered at another nightmare. Heather turned to see her dragon whimpering at one of her nightmares happening again for the third time this week.

She quickly ran over to Stormslice and rubbed her right wing in reassurance and soon enough Stormslice's whimpers winded down as her rider was there to comfort her. Hiccup looked to see her sister looking at Stormslice with a worried expression and sighed. This had to be an omen. Something bad was going to happen soon, she could feel it.

Hearing wing beats from afar, Hiccup grunted with annoyance and yelled "Will you guys hurry up?!?! At this rate we might as well be injured sitting dragons!!!!"

Aden rolled his eyes and urgingly said to Stormfly, "Come on girl, let's show her what we can do."

Stormfly squawked in agreement and flapped her wings faster to gain more distance. "Come on!! What is wrong with you guys!! You may be new at this but you have to try harder to trust in your dragons cause they are the ones to guide you through the sky!!!" Hiccup shouted at them in a commanding tone as they landed before her, her sister, and their dragons.

Snotlout groaned in frustration and said "Hiccup this is killing us! Can't we take a break!?"

"Did you all let me take a break when you first bullied me from the start of my childhood?!?!" Hiccup sneered angrily making the group flinch before continuing, "No! This is extremely important if we ever want to preserve peace with the dragons!!"

"Hiccup, we know what we put you through but at least let us watch you and Toothless fly through the sky please," begged Aden.

Grumbling to herself, Hiccup sighed and said "Fine, I'll do so. But at least let me say one thing. For the first time in my life, I feel like I actually belong somewhere and found my place in this world. So as soon as the battle is complete, I'm heading to my true home with my true family."

After that was said, she climbed onto Toothless, who had woke up due to Hiccup's yelling and came over to her to comfort her, while he positioned himself into a flying position to take off. At Hiccup's cue, they took off into the sky flying fastly towards it before stopping and diving down fastly towards the sea. Waiting for the moment to happen, Hiccup let her braided hair flow against the wind, with the leaves and scales weaved through it this time, and closed her eyes to show everyone that she trusts Toothless.

Opening them, she pulled up onto the saddle rings to signal to Toothless to pull up now. He opened his wings quickly and felt the wind shift under them. They began to fly forward fastly towards the shocked group. Hiccup pushed herself into a lying position on Toothless, with her stomach on the saddle and the back facing the sky, and waited until they were close enough to pretend to fall off of Toothless. She fell through the sky towards the ocean with Toothless fell right with her with his wings pulled in.