Chapter 9

Hiccup walked through the forest enjoying the peace she could have for the moment. Before she could continue, she heard a stick snap behind her. Pulling out her sword into a fighting stance, she readied herself for a fight until a familiar voice said "Whoa, no need for violence Hiccup. I just wanted to talk to you."

Putting her sword down slightly Hiccup replied, in a sarcastic voice, "Yah? Why would I do that Aden? You were the one who tormented me my whole life and never gave a rabbits crap about it!"

Aden walked cautiously out of the shadows, with his hands in the air to show he doesn't mean any harm, while saying "The reason I did that was because I had no choice and when you left, I couldn't seem to get you out of my mind. Hiccup, I don't really know why but I need your help."

Gently, she lowered her sword down and looked at Aden confused before saying "Aden, the last thing you said to me when I refused to kill a dragon was 'our parents war is about to become ours, figure out which side your on.' That just proved that you had a chance but you just chose not to take it. Aden, you never even cared about me when I cared about you!"

As she said that, tears escaped from her eyes and cascaded down her cheeks while she accidently dropped her sword onto the ground. She put her hands to her face and tried to hold in the sobs but they kept coming until she knelt down on the ground sobbing. Aden came to where she kneeled and hugged Hiccup as he kneeled down onto the ground as well. He blinked his eyes and felt tears cascade down his cheeks. They both stayed in that embrace for a while until the crying was done.

Suddenly Hiccup realized that she was hugging, and crying, with her crush hugging, and also crying, her back. She blushed madly and pulled herself out of the embrace apologizing about that. Aden could see, despite the darkness from the sky, and smirked before wiping away a tear on Hiccups right cheek. Blushing an even deeper shade of red, Hiccup tried to pull away but Aden wouldn't allow that and gently grabbed her chin and pulled her face to meet his.

The distance between them was closing in as they were a few inches from each other. Hiccup didn't know if she could even blush a deeper shade of red than before. Aden smirked and whispered "Hiccup, I know that I had a choice but the reason I said I didn't have a choice was because the gang made me and I cared about what people thought of me. But listen, I never meant to hurt you Hiccup. I'm sorry if I did Hiccup but I never meant for anything like that."

"Why exactly did you not have a choice? We can choose what we want and who we can become Aden, you need to know that," Hiccup whispered wisely as she caressed her hand over his forehead before placing it on his shoulder.

Aden didn't know what to say and looked at Hiccup's beautiful forest green eyes. Hiccup stared at Aden's handsome ocean-blue eyes and closed her eyes with a hot tear escaping her right eye before looking down and saying "I know my mother is alive but I don't know how I'm supposed to defeat the Red Death when she clearly can out beat me because I'm still skinny."

"That is not the Hiccup I know. You have changed so much and so can defeat that dragon because you know what I see? I see a young beautiful girl who has just changed from being self-conscious, to becoming a confident young woman ready to take on anything. Hiccup you are an amazing person and I really love that about you Hiccup," Aden said as he lifted her head upwards towards with his hand under her chin and looked deeply into her eyes.

He closed the distance between them once more and his chapped lips met her soft rough ones. They both closed their eyes as they kissed again. Pulling apart, Hiccup opened her eyes and smiled a bit before chuckling a bit. Aden snickered along with her before they leaned in to kiss again. She smiled against the kiss as Aden cupped the side of her face with his hand and deepened the kiss.