Chapter 4

"Is the prisoner awake yet?"

"Not yet sir, something must've happened that made her faint but we were able to tie down the Night Fury enough so he can't escape for you to take revenge sir."

Voices and cheers erupted enough for Hiccup to slowly open her eyes and come to. She could see that she was in the Great Hall with the Vikings standing all around her and Toothless. Giving a few soft grunts of pain, Hiccup was able to push herself up into a sitting position and move herself in front of Toothless's sleeping form. "Ahh, the prisoner awakens," mocked a man as he came forward into Hiccup's veiw.

Hiccup could see that he was her Uncle Spitelout. Snotlout's father and Stoicks second-in-command. "What do you want from me?" Hiccup asked in a dark voice after a few moments of silence.

"We want to know why you were riding a Night Fury when those things are only known as beasts to the entire archipelago," snarled her father from his throne.

She didn't reply, just kept a mad emotionless face on and wondered in thought of how he doesn't recognize his own daughter for the past few minutes. "You know chief, I am not surprised that you don't recognize who this person is," remarked Aden as he came forward standing beside her Uncle Spitelout.

"Really? Who Aden?" asked Stoick.

Aden turned to Hiccup and came close to her. She weakly pushed herself away from him and accidently bumped into a sleeping Toothless. Panicking, Hiccup tried to look for a way out but failed as she felt Aden's hands touch her mask and pull it away from her face. Everyone gasped as they saw the familiar braided auburn hair tumble down the young girls back. They could see the familiar green irises and the face that resembled a long-dead woman named Valka, the wife of Stoick.

Anger flooded through her veins as Aden walked backwards with her mask in his hands. She stood up, glaring at him, and kicked Aden where the sun don't shine. He fell down in pain and dropped her mask. Smirking, Hiccup picked it up, as the ropes were no longer there since they took them off her when she fainted, and wiped off the dust to keep it in its evil black glory. Looking at Aden, who was still on the ground in pain, Hiccup said smugly, "You take off my mask, I take off your dignity. You mess with me, I mess with you back, but 10 times harder. I'm a lady like that Aden."

He didn't reply as he tried to get past the pain. "Hiccup? Is that you?" her father asked in confusion.

"Wow, and here I was having a good time," Hiccup replied sarcastically as she dramatically threw her hands up in the air and hit them against her sides.

Her father didn't know what to do because he thought Hiccup was dead when she was taken. Hiccup, on the other hand, knew what to do. "Wow, an awkward moment of silence from her own dad. So sad that he didn't recognize his own child when she has been gone for like, six months," she remarked sarcastically and angrily.

"But I thought you were dead Hiccup," her father whispered still in shock.

"Uh, no actually, I wasn't dead but training to become a fighter so I can prepare for the battle that I can feel is coming soon," remarked Hiccup sassily as she went over to the now-awake Toothless and sat down next to his grinning smugly form.

"Oh really? And how would you know Useless?" sneered Snotlout.

Hiccup stood up and turned to face Snotlout before threatening, "Call me that again Snotface!!! I dare you!!!"

Snotlout put on a brave face before sneering the word Hiccup hadn't heard in six months until this day, "Useless."

Anger flooded through her veins and she took out one of her many hidden daggers before throwing it hard in Snotlout's direction. He barely dodged it before it cut off parts of his hair sticking out of his helmet and knicked his left ear hard before making its mark deep in the pillar of the Great Hall. "I may still be a Hiccup, but at least I have the guts to stare down danger straight in the eye and not fear the consequences of my actions!! Unlike you, you stupid yack-butt, idiotic, stupid, selfish, moronic, dumb-headed, dragon-poop, stubborn Viking!!" Hiccup shouted angrily in a sneering tone to everyone's shock.

This is something that Hiccup had never done before in front of the entire village. Now this was a side of Hiccup that no one has ever seen before. "Hiccup! I want you to drop this attitude right now and speak like any other Viking shifter!" ordered her father as he stood up from his throne and stared down defiantly at his daughter.

"When have I ever become a Viking shifter like you dad all you guys did to me was treat me like crap and put me down from being one of you guys. All I ever wanted was peace dad. I pleaded so many times for a way for me to show you that I could be like you guys without being able to shift. But did anyone listen? ANYONE?!?!?" shouted Hiccup as she started from a sneering tone to a sad tone to an angry shouting tone with hot angry tears running down her cheeks.

No response came from any Viking to answer her question. That answers the question, Hiccup thought angrily to herself as she came down to Toothless's tied up height and petted his head comfortingly.

Toothless crooned at her in a worried tone before nudging his head softly against her stomach. Hiccup giggled softly and placed her hand under his mouth while placing her fingertips on his snout. She remembered her mother teaching her that trick two months ago before she left in a hurry to get away from her enemies. It seemed to work for every dragon they come across. Slowly she moved her fingertips towards his forehead and stopped as he pushed his head affectionately against her hand. Smiling, she rubbed his head before she was yanked away from the dragons and was pulled back to where her father's throne was as her father came forwards to kill the dragon.

Shock and anger flooded her veins as she struggled in the persons tight grip. But it didn't work as the person kept the grip tight on her. As her father raised his sword, Hiccup let out a yelp of pain as something hit her harder than before. He stopped and looked at his daughter with concern only to see her human form glow brightly and fall onto the floor. For a few minutes the glow began to brighten and brighten around Hiccup's human form and illuminate the room. Then the glow dispersed and began to dim.

Soon enough everyone could see and Stoick began to wonder what had just happened. Fishlegs, on the other hand, knew what was going on and was excited because this means that Hiccup could become the most powerful shifter of them all if she can make through to the final stage of her shifting phase. But most shifters never make it that far because they never had the strength to continue living in pain for the rest of their lives. If Hiccup could make it through, then she would likely be the first shifter among them to be the rarest and most powerful of them all.

"Would someone tell me what just happened?!?!" shouted Stoick in anger and frustration after seeing what his daughter was going through and not knowing what it was.

"We don't know Stoick. It looks something like a shifting phase your daughter may be going through but something about that phase seems off. Like the gods are trying to do something or maybe..." trailed off Aden lost in thought.

"Maybe what Aden?" asked Stoick curious.

"I don't know sir but maybe it could be..."

Before Aden could finish what he was saying, the doors to the Great Hall burst open and in came rushing Hork. "Stoick!! Outcasts on our beach heading towards the Great Hall right now at this minute!!"