Weaknesses

It was a month after the war and Harry was devastated. He had been moping around the Burrow ever since he had arrived and the Weasley's were getting increasingly worried about him. It wasn't a secret why Harry was so crushed.
It was Draco.
Draco had fled the war and Harry hadn't heard of him for a month. Draco was supposed to be Harry's boyfriend and he was constantly wondering what went wrong.
They had been so happy. Harry just wanted to know what had gone so wrong that he hadn't seen his boyfriend for a whole month.
Harry had tried writing to him. But as soon as he sat down with the quill in his hand, poised over the parchment, he became lost for words.
He was weak when it came to Draco, but little did Harry know Draco was feeling the same way.

Draco knew he needed to explain, he just didn't know how. He hadn't left the mansion, he was too scared of what would happen if he met another wizard.
Everyone hated him now, they had just started to believe that maybe Harry Potter was right about Draco Malfoy. And then there was a war. Draco didn't want to be involved. He didn't want any of it.
He only wanted Harry. He wanted to see him again, he wanted to talk, he wanted to explain, but more than anything he just wanted to hold his hand and get lost in his eyes - like he always did.
Draco was snapped out of his yearnings by a rather excitable owl bouncing on his windowsill.
He leapt out of his bed and opened the window, he knew this owl. He knew it was Ron's. He knew Hedwig had died. It made perfect sense to him. He dived for the owl and pulled the letter off it's leg. He closed his eyes and looked down at the letter. Slowly, he opened them.
Rejection, anger and sorrow pulsed through him. He didn't need to open the rest of the letter to know this wasn't from Harry, his Harry.
Draco sat down on his bed. He watched the owl zip around his room, tears pricking his eyes. He reached over to his bedside table and tossed the owl a treat, it clumsily caught it and Draco watched as it bumbled out of the window.
'Perhaps that's how Harry felt when I left. That owl was my last hope, just like Harry.' Draco thought. He couldn't take it anymore, he stopped holding the tears back.
Draco normally would have been ashamed for crying over someone but he wasn't ashamed for crying over Harry.
He was weak when it came to Harry.

Harry was once more walking in the Weasley's garden. He'd taken to doing that. He'd found a nice secluded place and he liked to sit in it, hidden, and watch the gnomes. But just because the gnomes couldn't see him didn't mean everyone couldn't.

Hermione was watching him from the kitchen window. It was a month today that the war had begun. Hermione knew Harry would be at his worst today and judging by the way he was watching the gnomes, she guessed she was right.
It hurt her to see Harry so upset. Harry had just defeated Voldemort, he should be celebrating with Draco. Not sulking without him.
Hermione knew Harry had tried writing but as his mood never wavered and he constantly had the heir of a broken man she presumed he hadn't got very far.
It was that moment as she watched Harry put his head in his hands and as she watched him shaking, trying to hold back his tears that she realised.
She needed to do something, fast.

Eventually, Draco stopped weeping and looked at the letter in his hand.
He recognised Hermione's neat cursive and slowly pried it open.
Draco,
What's going on? Harry is crushed. All he does is cry and grieve. Together you were strong, but now you are weak.
Harry has just defeated a dark genius, he should be celebrating, finally getting a chance to live his life as an unmarked man.
Instead he is doing the opposite. I hope you have an explanation and that you do still want to be with Harry.
Everyone would be grateful if you came to his rescue, one last time.
Hermione.
Tears stung his eyes once more as he read the letter. He turned it over and scribbled a reply back to her, briefly explaining what has happened and telling her that he'll be there was soon has he can. He attaches it to his owl, telling her to deliver it as quickly as she can.
The owl hoots happily and Draco watches it swoop into the distance as he prepares to leave.

It's early evening and Harry sees Hermione rushing towards him. He stands up slowly and wipes his eyes with his sleeve. He watches as her face softens at this action and she pulls him into a hug, telling him that everything will very soon be okay. She pulls away telling him once more that he will be okay and she rushes into the burrow and comes back out again.
Hermione passes Harry his jacket and gives him one last hug before retreating back to the house.
Harry is left, slightly shocked but a little reassured standing among Mrs Weasley's garden. He sighs and shrugs his jacket on. Secretly glad that Hermione brought him a coat, it was getting quite chilly. He turns around to go back gnome watching when he hears a faint pop. He swung around to see a familiar blonde man walking towards him.
Harry felt tears roll down his cheeks as he stepped out from his hiding place.
Harry didn't know what to feel. He was shocked. He was overwhelmed. He was happy. He was sad. He was confused. He was slightly angry. All these emotions blazed behind his eyes and they immediately softened slightly as he saw his boyfriends tear stained face.
Harry walked towards the edge of the wards and waited until Draco was in front of him. Harry touched them with his fingertips, causing a ripple. Harry watched the ripple spread and found himself looking into Draco's eyes.
His eyes flashed with anger and all the emotions Harry had been holding back finally surfaced.
"You left. They called you and you just left. You knew I was alive but you still left. Then you carry on leaving me! For a whole month you left! I need you, I don't want you to leave! You knew that but you still left!"

Draco knew this was coming. Those words stung him and he could tell Harry was breaking, they both were. Draco bit his lip as he tried not to cry.
"I had to. I regret it now, but what else was I supposed to do? They called me over and if I'd refused he could have killed me." I looked pleadingly into his eyes and whispered, "Would you've wanted that?" I allowed a tear to fall as his eyes softened.

Harry agreed with Draco, he was right. He would've been killed. Harry hadn't thought of it that way.
"Of course not, I love you Draco."
Harry felt like a fool. But nevertheless, he was a hurt fool.
"You didn't have to leave the war, leave me."

Draco knew Harry was right. At least Harry wasn't shouting anymore.
"I'm sorry that I left you, but I didn't want to fight in the war. I'd have been forced to fight for him, forced to fight against you.
"As soon as I realised you were alive, I knew that everything would be okay. You were the boy-who-lived, the chosen one. You couldn't die. Not when we needed you the most.
"I left so you didn't have to worry about me. So you didn't have to hope that I was still alive. I left so I stayed alive."

Harry gaped at his boyfriend in shock. He watched as Draco silently cried and he could feel the dampness of his own cheeks. Harry pulled off his glasses and wiped his eyes on the back of his hand. It was time to be strong. He placed his glasses on once again to see Draco watching him.
"It's been a whole month. A whole month without seeing you. A whole month that I haven't talked to you. A whole month without holding you. A whole month without saving you."

Draco closed his eyes as he remembered how Harry saved him in the Room of Requirement. He remembered how scared they both were for each other. How he hadn't let Harry's hand go for as long as possible. How he'd held Harry by the waist and how they'd kissed once they found they were both safe. As he opened his eyes he whispered,
"I left so I could come back, back to you, your smile, your laugh, your arms. I left so I could come back. So you knew that however long I left for, I'd eventually come back. Back by your side. Where I belong.
"And leaving made me see just how hopeless I was without you. How lost, how naive. Leaving made me see how much I need you.
"The longer I left you, the more painful it was for me to think about it. That's why I didn't come sooner but...
"Each day I missed you more than the next. Each day I realised I wasn't waking up next to you and I started missing more and more things about you, your eyes, your warmth...your lips." Draco looked at his feet, sad and upset. He was afraid Harry wouldn't let him back in.

Harry listened to all Draco had to say. He was speechless. Harry watched as he looked down at the floor. Harry was glad he'd asked about the wards, you could get in but not out. Only certain people could get in. Deatheaters certainly couldn't but Draco was different, Draco was always different.
Harry reached through the wards and grabbed Draco's shirt. He pulled him closer and with his other hand pulled Draco's lips to meet his.
They kissed through the wards and Harry slowly pulled Draco through the barrier. Both men kissed each other with the passion that had collected from the past month.
"Dammit, Draco. You're my weakness." Harry mumbled against Draco's lips. He felt Draco smile into the kiss and slowly push him against a tree,
"If I'm your weakness and you're mine, then together we are stronger then anyone could ever imagine."
Harry promptly told him to be quiet and carried on kissing his boyfriend.