Please Give Me a Sign (Beth Northwood)

Harry's POV

Me and Draco have been friends for a couple of years now, ever since the Triwizard Tournament and he's finally invited me over to his house. I packed my things yesterday and the Malfoy's picked me up from the Dursley's this morning. I'm sharing a room with Draco. This confused me a little at first, the whole of the manor and I'm lucky enough to sleep in the same room as the person I like. After my confusion wore away I became excited, I certainly would have fun this summer. Once I'd gotten over that I started to become nervous, what if he found out? What if I gave myself away?
Now though, I'm not nervous. I've finally admitted to myself that I like Draco and if I can accept that then if he found out, he should be able to as well.

Draco has gone for a shower, I'm sitting on my temporary bed and looking around the room. It's evening and the cool air is making the curtains dance. I haven't had a proper chance to look around and I take my chance. I stand up from the bed and pace around his room.
I look out of the window. Draco has quite a view. I see the expansive lawns of the Malfoy residence and all the lush countryside spanning out around the mansion.
I turn around and look around the artfully decorated room. It practically screams elegance. The black wooden floor, with three grey walls and one dark emerald with a matching bedspread. I smile when I think about how I used to put my school books under my bed. I realise that people hide their personal items under their beds and I'm overcome with curiosity. I know it's wrong and I'm invading his privacy but...what on earth could Draco Malfoy have under his bed? I crouch to the floor and sigh as I realise it's probably just bare.

I'm surprised when I see a few sheets of parchment. Now I'm really intrigued. I reach for the piece closest to me and stand up. I take it back to 'my' bed and unfold it. It's folded into an exact half, very Draco, very perfect. I realise it's a song as I read it. 

It's titled, "Please Give Me a Sign." I smile as I read the poetic words.

If I had to loose a friend,
If I had to forget you.
I would loose my mind,
What should I do?

Counting old memories,
To pass the time.
Everything's faded,
Please give me a sign.

Apparently we've moved on,
Been told, 'find someone else."
I should've asked you sooner,
Should've trusted myself.

Counting old memories,
To pass the time.
Everything's faded,
Please give me a sign.

So we're both on our own now,
Gone out different ways.
I'll be dreaming of us meeting up,
One of these days.

Counting old memories,
To pass the time.
Everything's faded,
Please give me a sign.
Harry, won't you?
Please give me a sign.

My mouth has dropped and I quickly close it. I can't help but smile and I quickly stand up and put the parchment back to its rightful place when I hear Draco walk down the corridor.

I'm back on the bed by the time he's come in the room. I have to try not to smile as he sits across from me and chats aimlessly.

He asks what I've been doing.
"Not much, just looking at the view." I half lie as I stand up and walk back over to the window, leaving Draco on his bed so I'm free to release the smile that I've been holding. I hear him walk beside me and look out of his window with me.
"I suppose it's beautiful, I don't really appreciate it enough." I feel his eyes on me as he says this and I try not to blush. He coughs a little and adds, "By the way, Mother asked if there was anything special you wanted to do?"
I chuckle and reply,
"I don't mind, what do you normally do on a Tuesday?"
"Diagon-Alley, we space out buying my school supplies so we don't have to rush." He shrugs.
"Ah, very Malfoy of you." I laugh as he shoves he lightly.
I turn my back to the window and look over at him, he's in pyjama bottoms and an old muggle T-shirt. This reminds me I've yet to get changed, I smile briefly and gather my clothes on the way out of our room.

Once, I've got changed I head straight back to Draco's room. He's reading a book and doesn't notice me until I sit down, "You're as bad as Hermione."
He laughs, "It's not my fault you take ages get ready."

We chat for a while, talking about anything and everything that floats into our heads. I prefer this Draco, the relaxed and carefree Draco. I like the Draco I can mess around with, not worry about what he thinks about me because I know that when we're alone, he's just the same. I keep catching myself watching him, the way he laughs, the way he smiles, how his eyes light up when he's happy.

All too soon we start to become fatigued. I say goodnight as he puts out the light. I lie down and allow myself to smile freely. I close my eyes as I remember the song,

Counting old memories,
To pass the time.
Everything's faded,
Please give me a sign.
Harry, won't you?
Please give me a sign.

I open my eyes as I hear the curtains rustle and smile when I see the window still open. I start to form a plan and I slowly sit up. I look around at Draco, he's closed his eyes but isn't sleeping. Perfect.
I slowly extract myself from the covers and tiptoe over to him, careful not to make a sound. I take a breath and drop myself slowly on his stomach. I smile down at him as his eyes flutter open, I see confusion, shock and embarrassment.
"I'm cold, you forgot to close the window." He gaped up at me.
"I - I don't understand."
"Shall I give you a sign." I smile cheekily down at him as he splutters. "You - you saw?!?" He blushes and I nod, I feel him try to shy away from me, clearly worried I didn't feel similarly to him.
"Hey, Dray..." The nickname slides of my tongue and he looks me in the eye. "I feel the same way. I like you back. If I didn't why would I be sitting on you now?" I chuckle. He's still looking at me and a gust of wind makes us shiver. Draco finally smiles back and I lean down towards him. I raise myself off his chest at the same time our lips touch. I simultaneously pull the duvet back and slide in beside him. I feel him smirk against my lips and I murmur, "Big enough of a sign?" He laughs and I feel his hands hug me close to him.