The Doss Lesson.

(This is a Muggle au but I am going to do a sequel of the chapter called: Draco's Bloody Quill because so many people asked).

The grey, balding teacher is sitting at her desk, her head in her hands as she witnesses the scene unfold before her.

The maths books lay, unopened where the teacher had placed them before the start of the lesson as the student's play on their phones and chat. The "alpha-male" has ignored the seating plan – along with everyone else – and is sitting next to his girlfriend with his feet on the table.

Even the social outcasts aren't paying attention, they're sitting in an abandoned corner chatting about Minecraft. The girls at the top of the social hierarchy are spraying the perfume they think will make the boys suddenly fall head over heels for them as they chat about make-up and how 2016 Justin Bieber is so much better than 2010 Justin Bieber.

And then there's the group of students that are generally oblivious to everyone else's drama and get extreme amounts of pleasure with starting drama among their ridiculously large friendship group. They take up four whole tables and are chatting animatedly about the latest drama and their favourite television programmes. Four students are sitting on each other so they don't need a fifth table and they are all laughing loudly at the expense of one another. There's two girls sitting together and moaning loudly about how stressful it is to take exams and how they need to do their geography homework but they both know they'll leave it to the day before.

This group is probably the loudest and the hardest to tackle due to the sheer size of it. They are deaf to the poor teacher's pleas to just: "Please open your books and answer question B12." But they aren't alone; the students are all turning a blasé, blind eye to the frantic, frightened and fed up teacher.

The boys are stamping their feet and banging on tables as they pass puns between one another, howling with laughter and no doubt going to disrupt lessons on the floor above and below.

Draco's sitting among the boys causing an almighty noise and Harry is sitting among the others in his form, side by side with Ron and Hermione. He's wearing an oversized sweater, skinny jeans and Doc Martins and is trying not to look at Draco's smile as he laughs or the way his pastel blue t-shirt compliments his blue-grey eyes.
Ron has already elbowed him a few times because he'd been staring and this time Harry locks eyes with the tall blonde.
He instantly blushes and looks away but the boys are bored and looking for fun and Harry secretly longs for some kind of interaction between themselves - even though no doubt it'll be an argument.

Harry doesn't notice him until he's standing in front of him (Dean even removes himself from Seamus' lap to watch) and Harry knows he'll get his wish when even Anthony Goldstein takes his feet of the desk and shifts his attention from his girlfriend to Harry and Draco.
"Something the matter?" Draco asks and Harry stands up quickly, he only reaches Draco's chin but Harry feels better standing up as he feels too intimidated sitting down.
Ron's by his side in seconds,
"Leave Harry alone, Malfoy." Ron says with a sneer and Harry now wishes he'd never started this as he can see the blonde is ready to kick off.

It's hot and they've three fans on in the room, it's unusually humid for Britain and all everyone seems to have been doing is to complain about the heat.
Harry's restless and he doesn't want to have to deal with Draco.
"I didn't ask you, Weasley." Draco spits, not taking his eyes from Harry's.
Harry tries not to look into the boy's eyes in case he starts to stare once more and he tries to focus instead on his nose.
The heat is getting to Harry and Ron is normally even more hot headed than him.
He doesn't want Ron to pick a fight with Draco and he looks around to see where the teacher is. He frowns when he sees her just sitting at her desk and watching them but now she's seen and she feels obliged to come over.

Draco sees her coming over and takes his leave with a roll of his eyes and a small shove to Harry's shoulder.
Harry's always had sharp instincts and he catches Draco's hand, pulling him forwards and knocking him off balance.
He blushes when Draco's face is inches from his and Harry pushes him away.
"Leave me alone." He says and sits back down, pushing his glasses back up his nose and grabbing his bag as the bell rings.

The teacher tries clapping her hands to try and get the boisterous class to listen but once more, she's unsuccessful; by the end of the lesson her voice is raspy and she feels like she should deserve a big glass of wine for having to deal with this class from hell once again.

Harry stands up and walks out of the door before his friends and he's halfway down the corridor when he hears someone running beside him.
At first, Harry thinks it's Ron but then he turns and he sees Draco.
With a frown, Harry stops in the corridor and crosses his arms over his chest and looks at him, unimpressed.
"What do you want, Malfoy?" Harry snaps, finally bringing his eyes to meet Draco's.
"To bother you." Is the sarky reply and Harry throws his hands in the air.
"Can't you just leave me alone? Why won't you just go away?" He scowls afterwards, waiting anxiously for Draco's reply. Harry doesn't want him to leave him alone.
Harry wants him to carry on but maybe not just like this, maybe something a little more friendly.
"You're the one who's staring at me in lessons."

Harry flushes red but rolls his eyes,
"Don't flatter yourself, I'm not looking at you."
Draco rolls his eyes back at the smaller boy and pushes him against the wall of the corridor.
With Harry's hands crossed over his chest he can't do anything apart from blush madly and look up at Draco.
He feels Draco's hand pulling his sweater so he's pulled closer to the taller male and Harry's heart races.
Their lips are literally centimetres from one another and it's all Harry wants to lean the small distance further but he knows he can't.
He pushes Draco's chest, accidentally brushing their lips against one another as Harry gets out of the boy's grip.

They're both left blushing as Harry rounds the corner and walks away, hoping his friends didn't see the whole incident like half the class when they saw there was a possible fight to egg on.