April Fools!

(This is late but so what? Kill me.)

Harry's been to Hogsmede on the last trip and has bought Fred and George their birthday presents; just the usual Zonko's haul and some Honeydukes chocolate but he knows that they'll still appreciate it.
He's always wondered why April Fools day is only really a muggle thing, he's wondered why some things are strictly muggle and others strictly wizard. Of course, he hasn't thought for too long on it, but the thoughts still remain.
Harry's walking back from his last lesson - Herbology - when he sees Draco. Draco's sauntering out onto the grounds, his clique trailing behind him and Parkinson trying to stay attached to Draco's arm with him continually brushing him off.
There's a reason why the blonde stands out to him so much but he hasn't even told his friends so he can't see himself telling the boy himself.
"Draco stands out," is an understatement to Harry. Compared to his surroundings, Draco's always there. He's always drawing eye contact - at least from Harry.

Within a few seconds, Draco sees him. He's got his friends by his side and he's got that smile on his face. Draco looks away, hastily shrugging Pansy away. He wants his attention on Potter, not her. Draco pretends not to see him, but struts in more-or-less his direction.
When he's halfway there, he looks up, surprised to see Potter watching him. He doesn't let it show though, only allowing a soft smirk to turn the corners of his lips.
"Hey, Potter!" He says, stopping in front of him; so close he can feel Harry's breath on his skin.
But Harry's so short that he's already looking up at him and his nose reaches Draco's lips. He has the urge to pull the man closer, to crash their lips together and to ball his hands in the brunette's gorgeous thick hair.
Draco instead, pushes him backwards gently, bringing his eyes away from his lips finally but he takes a step back too.
The Slytherin sees Granger looking at him curiously and he turns his attention to her.
"Fuck off, mudblood." He spits, "Did you have a bad hair day or is this what you call a good one?" Draco raises an eyebrow at her, crossing his arms across his chest. "Because girl, you should try some hair potion." He pulls a face, "Looks like you need it."
Draco doesn't know what's gayer, his posture, his longing for the Gryffindor in front of him or the fact that he just recommended hair products to someone and still managed to sass them.
He still keeps his arms crossed, feeling both boys bristle at his words and Granger scowl at him.
Before she can say anything to defend herself she's dealing with having to restrain a very pissed off Weasley.
"What's the matter, Weasley? Did I upset your girlfriend?" He taunts the redhead instead this time.

Harry almost gapes up at the blonde and is actually a little relieved when he feels Draco's hands on his chest, pushing him away. He sees him take a step back and crosses his arms over his chest, frowning slightly.
He huffs when Draco starts talking and he scowls deeper when Draco insults both his best friends.
He can't understand why he's fallen for this jerk right now while Malfoy is just standing there, just smirking.
He doesn't care that he shouldn't be doing this and he storms the short distance up to Malfoy and shoves him in the chest.
"Don't - insult - my - friends." He punctuates each word with a push and pushes his lips close to Malfoy's.
Even now, it's all he wants to push closer but he manages to keep his face angry, "You can insult me all you like, but not them. You're cruel." He shoved him once more and then walks up to the castle, leaving Draco both a little aroused and leaving his ego considerably dented.

-------------------------

Harry hasn't been able to get Draco out of his mind since yesterday; even more than usual. He didn't think that Draco could get anymore bitchy but he has and even when he's being so obnoxious and rude he's still so hot.
He can't seem to think why Draco's always in the back of his mind but at this point, he'll do anything to get him out.
It's a Tuesday morning and it's only at eleven o'clock that he realises that it's actually April Fools day - of course he'd remembered the twins' birthdays but the thought hadn't crossed his mind that he only had two hours left if he was going to pull a prank.
It's not that he usually does but the idea that he could and the fact that Draco is constantly on his mind seems to persuade him.
He spends most of his History of Magic lesson thinking about what he could do, maybe pranking someone would get the blonde out of his thoughts.
He's almost frantic by half past twelve and he chews his lip as he walks down the corridor, Harry's got Potions next with the Slytherins and he scowls slightly knowing that he'll be in the same room as Draco Malfoy - who is still on his mind.
He frowns as he thinks, trying to focus again on his prank but as he's trying so hard not to think about him, he nearly walks into him!

Draco scowls down at Potter,
"Watch where you're going, Scarhead." He snarls and pushes him away.
He sees Harry glaring at him but pushes past, he doesn't want to have to deal with the Gryffindor and is glad when Harry lets him go so easily.
He struts into the classroom and takes his seat, waiting impatiently for the rest of the students to come in so Slughorn can start his lesson and then so he can go.
He sees Potter come in and sit behind him and Draco can feel eyes on him even since Potter walked in.
The Slytherin tries his best not to pay attention and gets on with the task.
For the first time ever, Draco's grateful to have Pansy as a lab partner because he's forgotten some rat's spleens. He tells her to keep an eye on the potion while he goes to fetch them.
Draco walks into the store cupboard and tries to stall himself as much as possible, pausing to read some labels before going back and having to deal with Pansy. But he's pleasantly surprised when Potter ducks into the small store room with him.
In first year being in here with another student was quite comfortable and there was almost enough for three or four but now its sixth year and they're - at least Draco - much taller.
Draco attempts to sidestep him but freezes when he feels Harry's hand brush his.
That wasn't accidental, Draco can feel where his touch lingered for a little longer and he looks down at him. Is he finally going to get his fantasy of making out in the Potions closet?
His heart races at the possibility and he forces himself to look Potter in the eye.
He doesn't know if this is a mistake or not because the moment their eyes connect, so do their lips.
Harry's on his tiptoes and his hand is cupping Draco's cheek while the other wraps itself slowly around Draco's waist. His lips are rough and chapped but so, so good.
He's waited so long and it is actually happening.
The blonde is glad that Harry has him by his waist as his kisses make his knees weak, he's so full of passion normally and his kiss doesn't break this trend.
He does everything like its his last, so why should his kisses be any different?
Draco hadn't even realised that he was kissing back until Harry starts making small moans, but he realised that they were in response to his; he'd been so engrossed in his thoughts and the feel of Harry's lips that he hadn't realised.
The taller boy flushes pink and finally takes the opportunity, reaching up and curling both fists in the brunette locks, tugging gently.
By this point, Draco's submitted completely to Harry, relishing in his lips and doing anything he can to get more.
Draco feels him pull away and lets him catch his breath, which he's grateful for.
"Happy April Fools." He says, pushing Draco out of the small room.
"April Fools?" He checks his watch as he's shoved, a little hurt. "What the fuck?! It's one!" He mutters, just loud enough for Harry to hear.
"Exactly." Is the only response he gets before it clicks and he rights his trousers before walking back to Pansy, completely forgetting the rat's spleens.