Days go by

When we get outside all of the kids are outside. I can tell that I'm the youngest one. I cling to Christina and Alyssa grabs my hand.

"We don't have to be out here you know? We can go back inside if you want." I shake my head no to her offer. A boy who looks about Christina's age walks towards me. "Hi I'm Abel, who are you?" I remember seeing him from the dinner table last night did he forget about a new kid already? "I'm Dani, I got here yesterday." "Oh yeah, and isn't Dani a boy's name?" He asks in a rude tone. "Dani, spelled D-A-N-I, not D-A-N-N-Y." "Oh" "Yeah, and isn't Abel biblical?" "I don't know." He says more of a question than a statement. "Umm, okay then." He turns and walks away.

"I think we should go inside now." Christina says. Before I can ask why I look up and see everyone looking at me, just standing there and staring. "Sounds good to me." I say. "Let's go back in Alyssa" Christina calls to her little sister. Alyssa runs to us and we walk inside together.

The girls decide to do homework. I have nothing to do so I went to the kitchen and ate. I learned this from my dad, he always used to do it when he was bored. Now it's a bad habit. When I finish I go back to the room.

Christina keeps complaining about how she can't do her math homework, that it's too hard. I finally get up to see what she is doing. It was simple math. She says she's dyslexic and school is too hard for her. I helped her with her homework she said I made it a little easer but she still hates math.

Alyssa's homework was to draw her family I was surprised when she didn't draw everyone in the orphanage. She drew Christina,her, Ms. Gomez, and me. I thanked her for drawing me then we got called down for dinner.

We raced down stairs to the dining room. I got in the room and there was a strange man standing in front of the table talking to Ms. Gomez. "Who's that?" I asked Christina. "Oh, thats just Armando. He's Ms. Gomez' boyfriend." My jaw dropped. "Ms. Gomez has a boyfriend! Why didnt you tell me before! I mean shes really pretty and nice but I didn't think she had a boyfriend!" I screamed whispered. The girls sat down at the table while I went to go wash my hands.

When I came in Armando was looking at me. "So you're the Dani Julia hasn't stopped talking about." He said to me in a baby voice. Ms. Gomez grabbed me shoulders and stood behind me. "Yeah, I guess so." I responded. Ms. Gomez let go of me shoulders and told me to take a seat so she could start serving.

The next day the girls were already dressed when I woke up. "Don't you have your first day of school today?" Christina asked. "Are you wearing my new shirt?" Is all I said. "Yeah, sorry I really like it I couldn't help myself." "It's fine." I actually don't know when I start school. I get up and look for Ms. Gomez, she sits in the kitchen sipping on a cup of coffee.

"Good morning," I greet her. "Do I have school today?" I ask. "No sweetie, the school thought it was a good idea for you to wait until next week." Next week! It's only Tuesday! That means a whole week of doing nothing. "Oh, okay then well I'll go back to bed for a while." "Okay hun, see you when you when you wake up." "Okay." I walk up to bed and lay down. "Bye Dani! See you later!" Christina yells. "Bye Christina!" I yell back with my face buried in my pillow. I feel Alyssa hug me quickly and leave.

I fall asleep before I can tell Alyssa bye. I dream of them, my mom and dad. He looks at her with such wonder in his eyes he looks like he's so in love. He watches her with such fascination. She's holding something, no not something, someone she's holding me. She walks towards him hands me to him and whispers "Take care of her" to him she looks at me and says, "Angels are watching over you." She walks away into a light and disappears.

I can hear him sobbing so I turn and hug him tight. I was like 2 or three all of a sudden. He holds on to me as if his life depends on it. Two men appear one with blue eyes and a trenchcoat I've seen him before,in a different dream. The other really tall with long hair.

They each hold one of his shoulders and repeat the same words over and over again, "Let her go." He slowly fades away and whispers "I have to, for her." I try to yell but no sound comes out I keep trying to call out to him but he continues to fade away. The two men disappear also. A short man in black walks to me he holds me in his arms and we sit in silence like that. "Stick around with me and you'll be okay," he says. "My name is Crowley."