On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

It's Tuesday night and I took everyone to the doctors. Katie and Brandon feel better. The doctor gave them medicine.

Joey hasn't gotten better though. Sarah is coming tomorrow to take care of him while I'm at school.

I just got the girls in bed and I am exhausted. As soon as I sit on my bed my phone buzzes.

Mari: Hey, wear pink tomorrow

Me: Why?

Mari: Just do it we are going to match

Me: Okay, but what should I wear?

Mari: Hmmm... OH THAT PINK SKIRT

Me: Lol okay I will. I'm going to bed goodnight.

Mari: Night

With that I lay down and fall asleep. I wake up early so I decide to take my time. I take a shower and brush my teeth.

I get dressed and wake up Katie. I walk to the bathroom and brush my hair. I pin the front two pieces of hair in the back of my head with bobby pins. I put a pink bow in my hair to hide the bobby pins.

As I walk out of the bathroom I bump into Brandon. "Oh, hey before I forget I'm going to hang out with Abbie on Friday, I'm going to need you to watch the kids." I say. "Okay." He replies and walks past me.

I put on my white converse and walk downstairs. I make lunch for everyone and go back upstairs. I do my make up to hide the bruses. Well try to at least. They are fading but still noticeable.

I run back downstairs and Sarah is sitting on the couch waiting. "Hey, thank you again." I say hugging her. "No problem, Oh and Katie was waiting here and Mia was already dressed so I dropped them off." She smiles. "Thank you. If you need anything just text me." I say walking out of the door.

Brandon is already in the truck. "Ready to go?" I ask. "No, I'm just sitting here because it's so nice out." He says sarcastically. Someone is in a grumpy mood. I roll my eyes, and drive away from the house."Oh, shoot." I say loudly. "What did you forget?" He knows me too well.

"A sweater, it's freezing outside." He begins to pull of his jacket and puts it on my lap. "You can use mine." He says.

"Thank you! I love you." I say. "Yeah, yeah, I know you do." He laughs. His mood changed quickly and I'm glad it did.

"Who are you all dressed up for?" He asks pointing at my skirt. "Oh, for my boyfriend." I calmly say. "What!?" He shouts. I burst in to laughter as he gives me a death glare. "Oh come on, I'm kidding!" I laugh. He just shakes his head and smiles slightly.

I park in the schools parking lot. We get off and walk in together. We run into Mari and she pulls my arm in her direction. "Come on Dani! Oh hey Brandon!" She smiles. Did I mention that Mari has a huge crush on Brandon? No? Well she does.

"See you later!" I call back to Brandon as my friend drags me away. We walk through people making our way to our destination. "Where are we going?" I ask. "The library." She responds.

When we get in the library we walk to the back. "Why are we here?" I cross my arms. "We're going to a party!" She whisper screams. "What? No, no, no. I am not going to another party." I say shaking my head. "Another?" My eyes widen in realization of what I said. "Uhhh... yeah my friend is making me go to a party on Friday night." I whisper. "Well I bet it's not a college party! Abbie said I could come and I can bring someone." I laugh loudly and I can hear the librarian 'shhh' me. "That's the party I'm going to." Abbie is Marisol's older sister.

"She already invited you?"she asks and I nod my head. "Okay, so how are we going to do this?" She rubs her hands together and paces up and down the row of books. "What do you mean?" I ask. "Dani, we both know that neither Brandon or Gabe will let you go to a party. Sure as hell not one with drunk college guys walking around." She's right. "Don't worry about it now. I'll figure something out by lunch." I say she nods her head and picks up her bag that I didn't notice she dropped on the floor.