I Don't Need Help

I wake up with Brandon's arms around me. I try wiggle out of his grip but it only results in him tightening his arms around me.

"Brandon?" I whisper. "Yeah?" He says in a groggy voice. "I have to get up. Can you let go?"

"No." He says. "Brandon. Let go." I demand. "Do I have to?" "Yes." I laugh.

I begin to make breakfast when I hear footsteps behind me. "What are you cooking?" Joey's voice says. "Bacon, eggs, and toast." I say.

"I heard him, last night." I pause for a second in fear. "Yeah?" Is all that comes out. "Yeah. Did he hurt you? Again?"

I accidentally drop the spatula. "He did didn't he?" He quietly mumbles. I slowly turn around to reveal my face.

I hear him gasp. "It's not as bad as it looks. Brandon is worse." I say. He walks to me and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Breakfast will be ready soon, go wake up Katie." I say. He turns and walks up the stairs. I pick up the spatula and toss it in the sink.

I go to wake Brandon. He fell back to sleep on the couch. I bring him pain medicine. I gently shake his shoulder.

"Morning." He says with his eyes still closed. "Take these." I say while handing him the small pills.

He slowly sits up. He moves his hair out of his face to reveal bruses everywhere.

"How are you feeling?"  I sit down beside him. "I'm fine. What's for breakfast?" He changes the subject.

"Bacon, eggs, and toast. And we're going to the park later to meet Gabe." I say. "Okay." He says and leaves me alone on the couch.

I get up and serve the kids. I quickly eat and go upstairs to wake up Mia. I take her downstairs to eat. "Watch her for a second make sure she doesn't make a mess. I'm going to check the mail." I say.

I walk outside to be greeted by the one and only Crowley.

"Hello darling." He says as I walk past him. "Hey Crowley." I say shivering. It's cold today. "How have you been?" He asks. I look up at him to show him my face. "Why won't you let me just kill him?"

"Because, they will separate us." I say. Why is it so cold? "Why are you here?" I ask him. "Just checking up on you. Also to tell you to be careful." He says in a low voice. "Okay I will be." I say. He vanishes and I walk back inside with the mail in my hand.

When I walk in the kids are not at the table and Brandon is sitting down with Mia.

"Are you going to eat?" Brandon asks while taking a bite of toast. I shake my head. "I have to get the kids ready. I'll eat something later.

I stand up and take Mia out of her high chair. "I'm going to give her a bath." I say walking upstairs. When I was outside I didn't see Joshua's truck so I guess he's gone. I give Mia a bath and wrap her in her yellow duck towel. I take her to our room and dress her in warm clothes.

Katie is sitting on her bed coloring. "Get dressed, we are going to the park. Dress warm it's cold out." I say. She nods and goes to her small dresser.

I walk down the hall with Mia in my arms. I knock on the boys bedroom door. Brandon opens it and I give him Mia. "Tell Joey to get dressed. In warm clothes." I turn to go back to my room.

I grab a gray long sleeve sweater and jeans. I walk back to the bathroom and take a shower. When I get out I brush my teeth and blow dry my hair.

I put my hair up in a messy bun and walk to my room. I sit in front of my mirror and put on makeup. When I finally finish I grab my phone, put my boots on, and walk downstairs.