Party

After Dean came to my school on Wednesday I have been a little out of it. He called yesterday and I agreed to meet him tomorrow.

The last bell rings and I walk out of school. I finally have the weekend off after a long week. I drive across the street to the diner. I walk to the back and make mine and Gabe's smoothies. I sit at a table and wait for him to come in.

After a few minutes he walks in with a smile. He comes to the table and sits down in front of me. "Why are you so happy?" I ask taking a sip from my smoothie. "The better question is why aren't you so happy?" He smiles again. "You're weird." I roll my eyes and laugh.

"So, any plans for this weekend?" He asks picking up his drink. "Actually yes, I have plans with Marisol and Abbie tonight. Oh yeah, and I'm meeting Dean here tomorrow." I frown.

He nods his head and plays with his straw. "Can you come?" I ask. "Of course." I am so lucky to have him. "What time do you want me to get here?" He asks. "About 1:45 or 2:00." We talk for about an hour. My phone buzzes in my pocket and I check it.

Mari: I'll be at your house in 15 minutes.

"Oh, shoot." I say and stand up. "What?" He asks. "I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow." I grab my smoothie and give Gabe a quick kiss on his cheek.

I get in my truck and drive home as fast as I can. When I get there I run to my room and pack a bag with all of the things I will need to get ready. I go over the plan over and over again in my head.

Mari and I will go to Abbie's house and get ready there. We will take Abbie's car and go together. I will text Brandon every couple of hours to check on the kids.

Simple right? Hopefully I will not screw up the wolds easiest plan. I go through my bag again. Clothes, shoes, make up, hair brush, charger, and clothes to sleep in. Okay, I think I'm good. I hear honking coming from outside.

I run to the living room and everyoneis there. "Okay guys, I'm leaving for the night I need y'all to behave for Brandon. Okay?" I give the kids a kiss and walk to the front door. "Love you guys! See you tomorrow!" I yell.

I run to Marisol's car and jump in. "Hey, you ready?" She asks. "No, not at all but I don't really have a choice so let's go." I sigh. "No you do not." She says as she takes off.

The drive to Abbie's is long so we sing along to any song that comes on the radio. When we finally get to Abbie's I grow nervous.

We walk inside her small house and the smell of pizza fills the air. "I ordered pizza if you wants some!" Abbie shouts from the other room. We both grab a slice and sit down on the couch.

"So what time are we going to leave?" Mari asks as Abbie walks in the room. "Around 9, so take your time getting ready." We have about three and a half hours so I watch tv for a while.

I get dressed and go to do my make up. "What are you wearing?" Abbie asks. "Jeans?" I responded. "No. Hold on let me get you something to wear." She walks to her closet and skims through her clothes. "Here, try this." She pulls out a short strapless black dress that is tight on the top and poofs out from the stomach down. "No thanks, I'm good with my jeans." I say. She puts the dress in my arms and points the the bathroom door. I sigh and roll my eyes.

When I put the dress on it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. It's not that short I guess. It reaches above my knee. Abbie is skinny and tall, and I'm short with curves. The dress squeezes me and pushes up my boobs. I walk out of the bathroom and earn approving nods from Marisol and Abbie.

"Okay what shoes are you wearing?" Mari asks. "My converse." They both shake their head. "Oh come on, I put on the stupid dress. Please let me wear my converse." I beg. Marisol pulls out a pair of heels from her bag. "You can wear your converse if you wear these most of the night." I walk up to her and snatch the heels from her hands.

"Fine, but you have to do my hair and makeup." She smiles and pats the bed beside her. I walk to the bed and sit down. While Marisol does my make up Abbie straightens my hair. When they finish the look impressed at their work.

"Okay, let's go." Abbie says. I grab my converse and take them with me. We drive to the party and it is packed. It looks like a stereotypical party like in the movies. We make our way through the crowds of people.

I feel an arm grab me. I turn around and see David. "Hi, what are you doing here?" I ask. "I could ask you the same. I know the people who threw the party." He smiles. "You look amazing by the way. Do you want me to get you something to drink?" He asks. I shake my head. "I don't drink."

He grabs my hand and leads me outside. "This is better, it's more quiet." He smiles again. Oh god, his smile is so perfect. "I wouldn't think you're the party type of girl." He says leaning against the house. "I'm not actually my friends made me come." I say wrapping my arms around myself. He takes his jacket off and gives it to me. "Thank you." I say and put it on.

"How come I never see you at school?" I ask. "Well, we aren't in the same grade, and we don't have any classes together." That makes sense.

We stand together and talk for what seems like hours. We go inside for a while and dance. We go back outside and talk some more. He is really sweet and funny. "I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I say.

I walk inside and begin the search for the bathroom. I walk down the hallway and open a door. I see something that I don't want to see and quickly close the door. I find the bathroom after opening a few doors and asking for directions. I take care of my business and start walking to the front door.

I bump into someone and turn around to apologize. The boy turns around and I freeze when I see his face. "What are you doing here? And what the hell are you wearing!?" Brandon yells. "I told you I had plans with Marisol and Abbie, and it's Abbie's dress." I say. "Your boobs are hanging out! Wait, whose jacket is that?" He asks. "It's David's." I close the jacket to cover my chest.

"Who's David?" He asks. He looks angry and I am honestly terrified right now. "I met him at the library the other day. He's on the football team with you." I say. "That David! No, stay away from him." He demands. "What? You can't tell me what to do! I'm going back with him right now!" I yell at him and walk outside.

David is patiently waiting for me. "Hey, sorry I took so long. I couldn't find the bathroom." I explain. "That's fine." He says. "Dani!" Brandon's voice is loud behind me. I turn around and his face is red.

Wait a minute, how can he be here? He's supposed to be watching the kids. "Why are you here? Why aren't you at home with the kids!?" I yell at him. His face changes immediately. "They're fine, calm down. Gabe is watching them." I immediately relax knowing that they're safe.

"Dani, let's go please." He asks. "Don't, stay." David jumps in. "You stay away from her!" Brandon yells at David. "What if I don't?" He challenges Brandon. They both take a step towards each other. I step between them before anything happens.

"Stop! Let's go Brandon." I say and he calms down. "Bye David." I say and walk away. Brandon thinks he won but what he doesn't know is that I got David's number earlier, and I still have his jacket so I have a reason to see him again. "How are we even getting home? You don't have a car and I got a ride here." I stumble around in the heels. "I have Gabe's car." He says and pulls out the keys.

He opens the door for me and I get in the car. We sit in silence for a couple of minutes. "Dani, I'm sorry." He says. "You should be." I say coldly. "He's not a good guy. I'm just trying to protect you." I don't say anything back to him. "Are you hungry? I'll buy you something to eat." He says. Darn it, he knows my weak spot. Food.

He pulls up to a fast food restaurant and orders me food. "Did you drink anything?" He asks and I shake my head. "Good." He says. "Thank you." I say as he hands me the bag of food. I quickly eat and rest my head on the window.

I fall asleep in the car and I wake up to Brandon calling my name. I wake up and walk to the front door. Gabe opens the door, he looks confused when he sees me. "Look who I found at the party." Brandon says handing the car keys to Gabe. "What are you wearing?" He asks looking at me up and down. "A dress, I'm going to bed." I say and walk past him. "This conversation is not over we will talk about this tomorrow." He says from behind me. "Okay, dad." I say sarcastically.

I go to my room and get dressed for bed. I take off my make up and lay down.

The party wasn't that bad it was pretty fun actually. I didn't drink but I got to know David and dance with him.
************************************
MERRY CHRISTMAS