Back to Kansas

Dean's P.O.V.

"How about that one?" Sam says pointing at a diner. "At this point I don't care. I just want to eat." I say. I told him he can pick where we eat, which wasa huge mistake.

"Let's go to that one." He says pointing ahead of us.

I turn in to the diner and park. I get out and walk to the door. My stomach growls and walk inside. We find a booth against the window so we can see Baby.

"Can I get you guys something to drink?" I hear the waitress say as she gives us our menus. Her voice is soft and sounds young. I open the menu not looking up at her.

"I'll take a-" "No beer." Sam says. "Why not?" I ask him. "Because it is 4:00." The girl laughs, it sounds familiar but I don't think anything of it. "So?" I say. He raises his eyebrows to silently say no.

"I'll have a Coke." I say giving in. "And for you sir?" She asks. "A water, please."

"Okay, I'll be right back with your drinks." She says. I feel bad I didn't say thanks or even look at her.

"So why are we here again?" Sammy asks. "Vamp nest." I say.

The waitress comes back with our drinks. She sets them down on the table.

"Thanks." I say. "No problem."

"Wow, that's a nice car out there." She says. "It's his." Sam says pointing to me.

"Is that the highschool?" He asks. "Yeah, I go there." She says. "How old are you?" "I'm 15." She answers him. Why is he asking so many damn questions?

"That car looks so familiar. I swear I've seen it somewhere." She says.

I look up to her to be shocked by the person standing in front of me.

"Celeste?" I ask my voice shaking. "No, my name is-" she looks down at me with disbelief in her eyes, her big green eyes. "Dean?" Her voice cracks. I stand up to hug her but a boy comes and pulls her arm.

"Dani, I am so sorry I am late." He says. I look at his face and then I recognize him. It's Mathew's son Gabriel.

"Gabe?" I ask. He turns to me and his eyes grow wide. They soon fill with anger. "What the hell!" He screams. He throws his fist and it connects with my jaw.

"Gabriel! Stop it!" A woman yells. I look up to see Sarah running twards us. What the hell? Is everyone here? I look to Sam who is sitting down laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask him. "You just got punched by a kid." He laughs harder.

"Are you okay sir?" I hear Sarah's voice, full of sympathy. I turn to look at her and her mood changes. She slaps me. "Why is everyone hitting me!?" I shout.

I look over at Dani. She is crying and there are two kids and a baby next to her. I want to go and try to comfort her but I know I would only make it worse.

"Dean, may I talk to you?" Sarah asks. I nod. "Gabe, you to." She says. Dani looks up at him and nods her head. He hugs her and walks back to me. We both follow her outside.

"What are you doing here?" Sarah's voice is stern. "Working a case, what else?" I say to her. I look at Gabriel he looks angry.

"What are you doing with Dani? Are you her boyfriend or something now?" I ask him. "You asked me to look after her. That's what I'm doing. I'm her best friend." He says raising his voice.

"You were like five. I meant make sure no one picks on her not be her boyfriend!" I yell. "I'm not her boyfriend!" He screams at me.

"Will you two shut up!?" Sarah yells. We stop arguing and look at her. "Thank you. Now what are we going to tell Dani?" We all exchange looks and shrug.

"The truth." Gabe says. I nod. We look at Sarah and she sighs. "The two of you are telling her." She says and walks inside.

I begin to follow her but Gabe stops me. "Look, she's going to tell you that she's fine, and every thing is okay but it's not." He says. "Is she okay?" I know the answer but I still he hopes he says yes.

"No. Those kids in there are her younger brother and sisters. Her and Brandon are raising them. Her adoptive father doesn't hel-" "Who's Brandon? Is that her boyfriend?" I cut him off. "She doesn't have a damn boyfriend!" He yells. "Good. Well who is he then?" I ask. "Her older brother. As I was saying, her adoptive father doesn't help. He doesn't have a job. He sits on his ass all day drinking. If he's not in a bar he's..." He trails off. Oh God, I hope he isn't going to say what I'm thinking. "He what?" I ask. "He abuses her. Only when Brandon isn't around to stop him. She wont let me help her."

I feel my heart breaking. I left her here so she won't get hurt, but leaving her here is the reason he is always getting hurt.

"How long has this been going on?" I ask. "About two years. I'm sorry, but she won't let me help."

He turns to walk in and I grab his shoulder. "Does she know?" I ask. "About?" "Your dad is a hunter and you will be to. Does she know?" I ask again. "No."