She's Sick

Sarah drops Gabe off at home then me after.

I open the door to see Joshua waiting for me. "Where's Rosalind?" I quietly ask. "Dani, um.., come sit down." I obey his request and follow him to the living room. We sit down and he scratches the back of his head.

"Look kiddo, Rosalind, she's sick. Really sick, shes at the hospital. I don't know what happened." He looks down to his lap, I can see that he is fighting tears.

"Will she be okay?" I ask. He sighs, looking up at me. "I don't know." His voice is shaky and I know he wants to cry but not in front of me.

He buries his face in his hands. I stand up and walk to him. I wrap my small arms around him.

I can hear him quietly sob. I pull his large hands away from his face. He looks at me with teary eyes. "It's going to be okay." I whisper. He gives me a weak smile and pulls me into a hug.

************************************
Next Day:

I wake up late, but thats okay it's Saturday. I'm used to Rosalind cooking breakfast, but when I enter the kitchen nobody is there.

"Hey kiddo, I thought we can go het breakfast then go visit Rosalind at the hospital. That sound okay?" He says while putting his jacket on. "Sounds great." I say giving a fake smile.

"Okay, it's a little cold outside so dress in warm clothes. I'll be outside waiting when you are done.

I nod and run to my room. I quickly get dressed and run to the bathroom. I brush my tangled hair and put it in a ponytail. I brush my teeth then run back to my room to get my new phone then run down stairs.

I open the door to find Joshua. He sees me and makes his way to car. I het in the front seat and put my seatbelt on.

We drive to a small diner I have never been to before. We eat in complete silence, neither of us saying a word.

We leave and go to the hospital. I've never been in a hospital before and I begin to cry. I have no clue why. I just sit in the truck crying.

"Are you okay Dani?" He asks. I slowly nod my head. "I've never been in a hospital before." I say. "You don't have to if you dont want to. It's your choice. I know Rose will understand if you don't." He says while patting my back.

"You got a new phone right?" He asks. "Yeah." I mumble. "Tell you what. You can stay here and I'll go in. I can face call you or whatever it is called. That way you don't have to go in but you can still see and talk to Rose."

I wipe my tears. We exchange numbers and he walks inside. I turn on the radio and play with my phone. I set my password and download games and apps.

My phone begins to ring. Joshua's name is on the caller ID, so I answer it.

I see Rosalind's face. She's pale and looks weak. "Hey sweet pea, how was your birthday?" She asks. He voice low and weak. I want to cry but I stop myself. "It was great, Gabe got me a locket and Sarah got me a phone." I say. "That's nice. I'm sorry I couldn't spend the day with you, so Josh is going to give you money so you can go shopping." She smiles. "Oh, no. You don't have to." I say. "Yes I do sweet pea. I'll talk to you soon. Goodbye. With that she hung up.

************************************
A month later:

Rosalind's funeral was today. So many people went. Everyone cried. We are now at home and people are here eating and telling me how sorry they are.

I go to my room and lock the door. Rosalind wrote me a letter before she passed away. I havent read it yet, it's still sealed in a pastel yellow envelope.

I sit on my bed and hold the envelope in my hands. I place my small index finger under the seal and run my finger across it. I pull out two peices of paper.

"Sweet pea,

If you have this letter I have passed.
I an terribly sorry that I cant be there with you and watch you grow up like I planned. Please don't cry that I am gone, keep on smiling sweet pea.

I don't know how Joshua will handle this. He has a short temper when he is angry. He has agreed to give you the truck when you turn 15.

I want this to be short. I love you sweet pea, never forget about me. You will forever be in my heart.
Sincerely,
Rosalind "

I turn to the other page that only has a few sentences.

"P.S. I made a few calls and Dean Winchester is alive still. Your father is living, he doesn't have an adress though. Maybe one day you will find him. Goodbye sweet pea."