Work

It's been another two years since Rosalind died. I am 15 now. I now work with Sarah at the diner. Gabe comes and visists me while I work all of the time. I don't get bullied at school anymore. Well, I still do by Ashleigh. Oh, yeah and I got the truck a couple of months ago if you are wondering. I made the cheerleading team, I'm captain. I'm the youngest captain the school has ever had.

At home is totally different from two years ago. I now have three younger siblings and an older brother. Brandon is my older brother, only by a year. Joey is oldest out of my younger siblings, he is 10. Katie is second youngest out of all of the kids she is 7 years old. Last but not least is Mia, she is a year old.

Joseph is what makes home a living hell. He doesn't have a job anymore. With all of the spare time he has now he drinks, a lot. He always yells at Brandon and I. He hits me when Brandon is not home. He won't even try if he's home. He knows Brandon won't let him touch me.

Brandon and I work everyday after school to support the family. Brandon works at an old car shop. We go by a schedule everyday.

1. Brandon and I get out of school and go pick up the kids.

2. I drop Brandon off at work.

3. I take the kids to work with me and Gabe helps watch them.

4. Pick Brandon up, go home make dinner, eat, then get the kids ready for bed.

Every single day we follow this schedule. I pick the kids up then drop Brandon off at work. I walk in the diner with them. Gabe is sitting in a booth on his phone.

"Gabe!" Katie shouts and runs to him. When he sees her he jumps up and walks towards her with a smile on his face. He picks her up in his arms and walks to me. "Hey Dan, hi kids." He greets us with a kind smile. I hug him and hand him the baby. He holds the two girls in his arms, and Joey follows.

I begin to take orders and serve plates. I take a little break after two hours. I go sit with Gabe and the kids.

Joey is playing a game on Gabe's phone, Katie is coloring and Mia is asleep in Gabe's arms.

"Awww, how cute." I say sitting down. "Yeah, yeah, whatever." He laughs. "Dani how much longer?" Katie asks. "About an hour. What do you want for dinner?" I ask her. She shrugs and returns to coloring.

"You want anything to drink?" I ask turning my attention to Gabe. He nods not looking at me but staring at the baby in his arms.

"What do you want?" I ask. He looks up at me raising an eyebrow. "Did you really just ask that?" He says letting out a chuckle. "Yeah dumb question. I'll be right back." I say getting up.

I quickly get the drinks and head back to the booth. I set down his soda in front of him, and lemonade in front of the kids.

I go back to working. The hour flies by quickly. I say my goodbyes to the cook and other waitresses and make my way to Gabe and the kids.

"Thank you again for coming and watching them." I say. "Dani, you don't have to thank me everyday." He says standing up with the baby still in his arms.

The five of us walk to my truck together. Gabe carefully puts Mia in her car seat. "Didn't she get heavy?" I ask. "Nah." He says while buckling her in.

I cross my arms in front of my chest. "Is someone jealous that I was holding the baby?" He says laughing. "No." I quickly say. Wait, was I jealous of a one year old?

Gabe laughs at me and pulls me in a tight hug. He kisses my forehead and walks away.

"Bye Gabriel!" I shout to him. "Goodbye Princess! See you tomorrow!" He yells back. I smile and climb into the truck.

I pick up Brandon who seems to had a bad day. "Hey, Brandon." I say. He ignores me and looks out of the window.

I pull up to the house and park in the driveway. "I'll get the baby." Brandon sighs.

Joey and Katie hop out of the truck and run to the front door. I unlock it and let them run in. Brandon jogs up to the door and enters the house.

"I'll get her." I say. He hands me the small infant. I carry her to my room, and place her in her crib. I leave her in the room and walk back down stairs to start dinner.

Brandon is sitting on the couch with his hands over his face.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask him. He looks at me and nods his head. "Just had a long day. Don't worry about me." He quietly says. "Are you sure?" I ask while sitting next to him. "I haven't slept in two days." He admits. "Why?" "Either working or doing homework." He says.

"Go upstairs and lay down I'll bring dinner up to you." I say. "Really?" He sounds surprised. "Yes, but take a shower first you smell like car oil and B.O." I laugh. "Thank you Dani." He smiles at me and walks upstairs.

I make dinner and set the table. Joey and Katie come and sit down at the table. I serve them, then Brandon's plate.

I take it upstairs to his and Joey's room. I walk in and he is passed out on his bed. His body spread across the mattress. I walk over to him and gently shake him.

He slowly opens his eyes and looks up at me. "I brought you dinner." I say handing the plate to him. "Thank you Dani." He says in a groggy voice. "Goodnight Brandon." I say walking out of the room.

When I get downstairs Katie and Joey are finished eating. "That was fast." I laugh. "It was really good." Joey says. I smile while taking their plates to the sink.

"Joey can you please take out the trash?" I ask. "It's Brandon's turn." He whines. "Please he's very tired." I beg him. "Okay." "Thank you Joey."

When Joey comes back inside he sits down at the table. "Okay kids, shower, brush your teeth then go to bed." I say.

They both get up and go upstairs. I wash their dishes then make their lunches for tomorrow.

"Hello darling." A familiar voice comes from behind me. "What do you want Crowley?" I say not turning my head around. "Watch your tone, you do know you are sassing the-" "The king of Hell. Yeah I know. What do you want?" I cut him off.

"How's training?" He asks. "You mean me kicking and punching a sack full of dirt? Great." I sarcastically say.

"Good, and I just wanted to let you know I will not be stopping by as frequently." He sighs. "Crowley you only visit me three times a week now. When will you be coming then?" I ask.
"I don't know. Once a week maybe?" He says. "Okay." I sadly say. I know Crowley is a pain but I love him. I'm going to miss him.

He does something that surprises me, he hugs me. I awkwardly hug him back. "See you soon Dani." He says then vanishes.

Hey lovelies! Thank you for reading. I have a ton chapters written already. How often should I update? Let me know please. Remember to vote and comment! Love you!