Bliss

I knew I'd regret this in the morning, but I kissed him back, desperately, loving the feeling of his lips on mine. At first he was shocked but he recovered quickly, shoving me up against the wall. I gasped wildly into his mouth, his tongue darted quickly into my mouth. He was everywhere, his hands at either side of my head against the wall, his hair at my hands, who were gripping so tightly it was bound to hurt, while we were still kissing.

His lips traveled down to my jaw, kissing my there, slowing moving down my neck, sucking and licking, leaving a trail of fire. I squirmed under his touch as he reached my collarbone, slowly unbuttoning my shirt, lips never leaving my skin. My nails were digging into the wall, as he pulled off my flannel slowly.

I grabbed him by his shoulders and flipped him against the wall. I ripped off his t-shirt, as he struggled to remove the clasp of my bra. Jacob undid it and threw it across the room. My finger flicked at the button of his jeans, slowly moving my hand up his chiseled stomach, and he let out a low moan. I slowly rubbed my way down to his button and undid it, dragging down his zipper, and his pants with it. He quickly stepped out of them as he moved to me.

His lips began where they left off and I was moaning as he made his way down to my chest, and his lips paused there, but quickly stayed on course.

***

Hearing Maria's cries, I woke up in Jacob's arms on the couch. I disentangled myself out of his warm embrace, quickly putting on my flannel, and running upstairs. Only to be beat yet again by Embry. He looked at me quickly and mouthed, "Better get back down to Jakey Poo. Wouldn't want to mess up your joyful reunion of sex. You guys were only up all night."

I looked at him, hurt. I spun on my heel, walking out of her nursery only to be pulled back in by Embry. He shut the door and carefully laid her down in her crib and turned to me, and dragged me, grudgingly, by arm into my room.

He said, concerned, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I'm just confused, honestly."

He looked down at the floor. I jerked his chin up and looked into his eyes. "It was my way of saying goodbye. I'm doing it. I'm going through the removal."

His eyes widened. Embry enveloped me into a tight hug, when the door creaked open to reveal a furious Jacob. He said, "So that's it, huh? You're just going to sleep with me and leave me. You going to run to Embry after, huh?"

I looked at him, incredulously. "Jacob, Embry imprinted on someone. If you didn't have your head so far up your ass, you probably would've known that. I'm leaving you, because I've been through way too much with you, and I hurt everyday because of it."

His face softened. "Olivia. Let me live with you. Let me learn how to take care of the twins with you. Let me prove to you that I will always be there for you."

I squeezed my eyes shut. "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. There's so much to it, Jake, and Em and I have it all so down pat. They're getting so big already."

When I opened my eyes, Embry had left the room. Jacob was looking at me, waiting. "I have to go food shopping. I'll leave you here with Embry and see how you do."

***
About one and a half months later
***

I walked into the house, to the smell of lasagna in the oven. I was weary but the sound of Robert and Maria babbling sounds and Jacob's laugh immediately perked me up. He was laying on the floor with the two of them on a blanket, playing with some of their toys with them. My heart swelled as I said, "Hey, Jake, I gotta talk to you about something."

He looked up and said, "Yeah? I gotta talk to you about something, too. But these two munchkins need their dinner and baths first. Would you mind grabbing their bottles out of the microwave?"

I nodded and went over into the kitchen, popping the microwave open. I grabbed both bottles and swung the door shut, walking back to three of them. I passed the bottle to Jake, and scooped Robbie into my arms. I cooed, "Hey, Robbie, yes, I've got your dinner."

I plopped the bottle into his mouth and he greedily began sucking it down as he grabbed onto my thumb. His hair was coming in thickly, and he was getting so big. He definitely had Sam's eyes as I looked into them. I breathed in deeply and Jake said, "Liv, you okay?"

I nodded. "I was just thinking how Robbie has Sam's eyes."

Jake smiled sadly. "Maria does, too."

We lapsed into silence between us, the only sound was the sucking of milk from the twins. Jake said, "Alright, let's bring these rugrats up for their bath."

I agreed and brought little Robbie up to the bathroom closely followed by Maria and Jacob. I sat on the edge of the bathtub and gently took the empty bottle out of Robbie's grasp. I said, "Hey Jake, hold him for a second, would you? I got to change into my swim suit, so I can get in the bath with them."

He nodded and switched Maria, who was starting to whine, into one arm and grabbed Robbie with the other arm. I ran into the master bedroom, throwing around clothes, trying to find my damn bikini, when I found it under a pair of sweatpants.

I quickly stripped out of my green tank top, and khaki shorts, and quickly tied it up. I jogged back into the bathroom, where Maria was wailing high pitched, and Jacob looked frantic. I pulled Maria into my arms and crooned, "Hey now, pretty girl, don't let Uncle Jacob get you upset."

I stroked her hair with one hand, meanwhile, turning the faucet on with the other. I sat down in the tub with her, the lukewarm water filling the tub. I said to Jake, "Here, take off Robbie's clothes, while I get Maria's off."

I unbuttoned her onesie from the bottom and pulled both arms out. I pulled it over her head quickly so she wouldn't start crying, but sure enough she did. I cooed, "Ooh, baby girl, c'mon, it's not that bad."

Jake handed me Robbie and I held him in my other arm, as Jake filled up the little plastic cup we use and started rinsing them all over with the bath water. I said to both of them, "You guys are doing such a great job. Oh wow oh wow, good job Maria."

Both twins were gurgling about and flailing limbs everywhere. Jake was laughing as he made faces at Maria, meanwhile Robbie had a tight grip on my thumb. I said to Jake, "Can you grab their towels?"

He grabbed them off the toilet, and picked up Maria and swaddled her in it. I turned the drain on while grabbing the other towel from Jake and wrapping it around Robbie, while he was kicking at my stomach. "Hey Jake could you hold Robbie for a second, so I can get out?"

He picked him up from my grasp, and I stood up in the now empty tub, and stepped out and took the now sleepy Robbie from Jacob. I curled him up in my arms, and left the bathroom, heading to his nursery. I quickly popped him in his onesie, and put him in his crib. I flicked off the light and quickly shut the door, heading over to my room, where I flipped on my bed.

Jake opened the door and laid beside me, playing with my hair. I said, "Jake, there's something I got to tell you."

Jake said, "Go on."

"I'm pregnant."