Screw Life... And its mom

We walked inside the Cullen house with Edward behind us. THe house was depressing and it was sad. Bella was curled up on the couch with a blanket haphazardly thrown around her. Jacob immeaditley rushed to her side. A spasm of jealousy went through but I pushed it away,. He feels bad right? Then he started stroking her hair and he murmurs, "Bella, I lied. I only love you, not her."

Thanks for the confidence booster. Jesus H. Christ, Jacob. Do you like tearing me down? I coughed loudly and said, "Remember I can hear as good as you, Jacob?"

He looked back and the expression on his face was priceless. It looked like Oh, shit. I forgot she was there and now she's gonna hate me.

He said, "Liv..."

I snarled, "Save it for another idiot. I was stupid enough the first time. To listen to you. Come here for a second time." I waved him forward.

He warily came over to me. The moment he was in my reach, I swung my hand back and slapped him hard across the face. His face went sideways and I smiled grimly. Emmett started laughing and said, "Encore!"

I rolled my eyes and said, "I really wish those things you said to me this morning were true."

Jacob said vehementley, "They were!"

I started shaking. Why can't I just have someone who won't hurt me, or an easy life. Why? I was trembling and I said through gritted teeth, "One minute you efffing love me, then the next you're loving Bella. Make up your fucking mind. Nevermind, I'll make the choice for you. Because you're obviously still a two year old, and choose yourself."

I stalked towards him and snarled, "If I ever see you again in my house, I feel friggin' go bananas on you. I will freaking beat you. Remember how I slapped you?" He stood motionless, and he looked slightly terrified. He nodded. "Well, everytime you lie, or kiss her, or do something, times that pain by a hundred. I stick it out like the good little best friend I am, or was. But I still feel it. Sometimes, I just want to curl up in a cornr and cry."

I took a deep breath, and the trembling slowed. I swallowed and I turned to go. He grabbed my hand, and said, "Liv, wait. I'm sorry."

I looked back at him, and for a minute, I almost went back. For a minute, those deep brown eyes mesmerized me. Then I jerked my hand out of his grasp. He murmured, "Please."

I turned around, and he looked up hopefully. Everyone stared at me, expecting me to hug him. But I didn't. Instead I punched him in the nose. I heard a crack as I ran out of the house with the tears I held in, running down my cheeks. I wanted an escape but they would be in wolf form. I turned at a twig snapping and I saw Edward looking at me pitifully. I said, "I don't need your pity."

He threw something to me. I caught it reflexiveley, and looked down. It was a set of car keys, and it was my escape. I thought, Thanks.

He nodded and disappeared inside the house. I jogged towards the garage and opened the door. There on the hood of a car, was Jacob. I completely ignored him as I pressed the locater button on the keychain. His nose wasn't even swollen. Gosh darnnint. The car beeped and it was a silver Volvo, which currently had Jacob Black's butt on it.

Darn. I said in a monotone, "Get off the car. I'm leaving."

He hopped off and said, "Where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here. I can't stand it. I need more time, I guess. And I'll probably come back, and you'll be with Bella. So what's the point?"

He said, "Don't leave me. Think of Sam, Emily, Embry, Paul and Quil. You'll hurt them."

I said, "I am thinking of them. I don't want to be depressed around them. It'll be better."

He grabbed my hand, and held it in his hand. Jacob said, "Liv, please."

I shook my head and said, "I'm going to need a vision of the future to stay. Tell everyone I love them. I love you, Jacob Black."

With that, I pulled my hand from his grip and I opened the driver door. I got in and Jacob put his fist againist my window. He mouthed, "Please."

His face was so pitiful and I almost pulled out the key. I almost opened that door and wrapped my arms around him like he was a lifeline. I almost stayed. Instead, I beeped at him and pulled out of the driveway. I drove down the winding driveway and got on the free way. Soon, I was speeding down the road at illegal limits, limits that would give my grandmother a heart attack. Actually, i think she would die. I drove for hours until I finally saw an exit sign for Hoquiam.

I pulled off, and I pulled up to a hotel. I parked the car and my phone buzzed. Edward. I answered, "Yes?"

"There's money in the dashboard. For expenses." He hung up.

Rude bloodsucker. But I can't complain. I opened it up and inside was a wad of cash. He gave me cash. I opened the door and I got out of the car. I went to the hotel and I checked in. Then I called Sam. He answered, "Who's this?"

"Olivia."

He aaid, "Are you coming home?"

"I'm sorry, but no. I have a question."

He waited. I said, "How do you break an imprint?"

Silence. "Liv. Are you sure?"

"Yes."

He said, "I'd have to consult with the elders."

I said, "Please, Sam. I can't do this anymore."

Who could?