To hell and back

He grinned wickedly at me. I snuggled closer into his chest. He said, "I love you."

I said, "Love you too, Jakey poo."

He smiled. I heard Emily call, "Liv, dinner!

I said, "Hold on!"

I jumped out of bed and he said, "I like the view."

I hissed, "Get your clothes on."

I put on my bra but my underwear were ripped. I went into my closet and put on a thong. I put on a t shirt and a pair of jean shorts. I whispered, "Go out my window."

I watched him climb out and then, I went out of my room and downstairs. Emily and a few pack members were at the table. She said, "Your plate's there."

I sat down beside Embry and Jared. They said, "What were you doing up there?"

I said, "Homework. Tomorrow's Monday. Our break is over, haha."

Paul said, "Shit, I have a buttload to do."

He quickly shoveled down his spaghetti and put his plate in the kitchen. He said,"Thanks, Em. Have to go, bye."

He sprinted out the door. I laughed. Emily said, "Liv, you know you don't have to go tomorrow."

I said, "I haven't been in months. I do have to. This is my senior year. And I haven't got any college letters."

She said, "That reminds me."

She left the room and came back with a pile of forms. She said, "As part of your present, Sam and I filled out the forms for you. You just have to attach your essay."

I got up and hugged her. I said, "Thanks."

She shook her head and smiled. She winced. I said, "What's wrong?"

She grimaced. She said, "Contractions."

I said, "How long have you had them and how much time between?"

She said, "All day, and they just got to a minute."

I said, "Why didn't you tell me?"

I said, "Everyone out. Embry and Quil stay. Embry, go get her suitcase. Quil, go get Sam."

They ran off. I grabbed Emily's car keys and I said, "Emily, time to go."

She nodded and brought her out to the car. Embry loped over with the suitcase and he put them in the trunk. He helped Emily into the back as I got in the driver's seat. I started the car as he got in the front with me. Then Sam ran up and jumped in the back. He said, "Liv, drive."

I said, "I don't appreciate your tone."

He growled at me. I chuckled and I pulled out of the driveway and into our street. I drove onto the interstate and drove down the long winding road. Emily started panting and Sam said, "Olivia Uley. Hurry your ass up."

I said, "I'm trying, dammit. There are other cars on the road, you know."

He growled. Emily snapped, "Shut up, both of you."

I shut my mouth and drove faster. I went around cars and pulled into the hospital. I went to drop off and Sam rushed out of the car and helped Emily out.

They got out of the car and I went and parked it. Embry said, "Well, this is exciting."

I laughed. I said, "I can't wait."

Six hours later.

I watched as Emily held her babies. A sheen of sweat was on her face. I said, "What sex are they?"