Chapter 5: Do you like him?

*Harley's P.O.V.*

I parked my car and entered Cleo's apartment.

"Hey. Sorry I'm late, got stuck in traffic." I said as I closed the door.

"Oh, it's no problem." She said.

"Harley, why did we have to leave our apartment?" Hera asked.

"Well, you have to pay money to stay there and when you don't have enough money to pay, they won't let you stay there and they move someone else in who has the money." I said.

"Aww. Are we still going to the concert?" She asked.

"Of course." I replied.

"Yay." She said.

She went into the living room to watch tv. I walked into the kitchen where Cleo was.

"So, what happened?" Cleo asked.

"What do you mean?" I said.

"With your job?" She said.

"Oh, well, I was busy with someone and when I was done he called me into his office and pretty much fired me for no reason. He wants me to drop everything just to please him." I said.

"Wait, he fired you cause you wouldn't blow him?!" She asked.

"No, well, kinda. I was supposed to be on stage when I was busy with someone and when I was done he fired me but would let me keep my job if I blowed him." I said.

"So, you didn't blow him?" She asked.

I shook my head no.

"No, it wasn't worth it..." I said.

"Well, Starbucks has an opening if you want to apply?" She told me.

I looked up.

"Hell no! I am not working at a fucking Starbucks! Too many fucking preps..." I said.

"I think you should just do it. You need a place for you and Hera, or at the very least Hera." She said.

I sighed.

"Fine. I'll apply..." I said.

"Ok. Good. I have the website up now just fill out this application and send it in." She said, turning her laptop to me.

She left the room to sit next to Hera in the living room. I started filling out the application. I looked over at my left arm and saw Ashley's number.

"Oh, yeah! I was gonna text him. I'll do that now cause this application is too long."

I pulled out my phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Ash! It's Harley. ~Harley

Hey Harley! What's up? ~Ashley

Well, you don't have to
worry about going back
to the lounge... ~Harley

What? Why not? ~Ashley

Well, I got fired right
after you left... ~Harley

What?! Why?! You were
amazing and super nice.
~Ashley

Well, my boss is an
asshole... So that's
why... I guess I wasn't
where he wanted me to
be at the right time so
he's like 'Fuck you' and
he fired me... ~Harley