Chapter 21: See you later

*Harley's P.O.V.*

Ashley and I walked over to CC's apartment and walked in. CC and Hera were on the couch watching some kid show. I frowned at the thought of giving Hera away. Ashley noticed this and rubbed my back.

"Just ask her." He whispered in my ear.

CC and Hera looked over at us.

"What's up?" CC asked.

"Well, I have to talk to Hera about something very important." I said.

"Okay." CC said.

Hera got up and walked over to me. I picked her up and she cuddled into me. A tear shed from my eye.

"Hera?" I asked.

She looked up at me.

"How would you feel about living with Sarah and Justin?" I asked.

Her eyes lit up and her jaw dropped.

"Yay!" She said.

I smiled.

"If you did live with them, they would be your new mommy and daddy, would you be okay with that?" I said.

She looked confused. I saw CC out of the corner of my eye. He looked sad and confused.

"What do you mean? Will you still be my sister?" She asked.

"Of course I would, but I won't be taking care of you anymore and you would live with Sarah and Justin." I said.

"Will I still see you?" She asked.

"Of course. I'll make sure to FaceTime you everyday." I said.

Her smile reappeared. CC's frown stayed.

"Wait," CC asked.

I looked over at him.

"Hera won't be here anymore? Are those people going to adopt her?" CC asked, sadness in his voice.

"Yes they are. I can't take care of Hera anymore. I'm gonna be really busy with being in a band and just living my life." I said.

CC frowned again and held his arms out for Hera. I put her down and she ran over to CC and they hugged.

"It's okay, CC. I still love you." She said.

"I love you too." He said back.

"Awww."

The door opened and in came Andy and the rest of the band. They saw CC, who was crying a little bit, hugging Hera.

"What's going on?" Andy asked.

"Hera's gonna have a new home and a new family, but she'll still be a part of our family." I said.

Andy looked at me confused.

"She's getting adopted." I said.

His facial expression changed to an understanding look.

I left the guys at CC's apartment and I called up Sarah. We discussed the plans and I went back over to get Hera.

"You've gotta pack, Hera. They'll be here tonight." I said.

Hera and CC were still hugging and CC didn't want to let go.

"You'll still see her, CC. We can visit whenever we want. It'll only be a few minutes away." I said.

He eventually let her go and we packed her stuff up. Sarah and Justin came that night to pick her up. We went to the government building and signed a lot of papers so Hera was legally under the supervision of Sarah and Justin and then we went our separate ways. When I got home, I went to CC's place and there was an awkward silence. It felt as if something was missing, or someone, rather.

"This is gonna take a while to get used to.." I said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah..." CC said, sighing.

My phone rang at that moment and it was Hera. I answered and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi." Hera said.

"How's your new home?" I asked.

"It's awesome! I have a big room and we have puppies and a big yard." She said, super excited.

I smiled and looked at CC.

"Hera? Someone wants to talk to you." I said, handing the phone to CC.

"Hi Hera." He said.

"Hi CC. I miss you." She said.

A tear slid down his cheek.

"I miss you too, sweetie." He said.

"CC?" She asked.

"Yeah?" He said.

"I still love you, CC." She said.

There was a moment where everyone in the room started tearing up. CC smiled.

"I love you too. I promise I'll come see you sometime." He said.

"Okay." She said.

"Hera, time for bed." Someone said on the other line.

"Okay. I gotta go to bed. Good night." She said.

"Good night." CC said.

He handed the phone back to me.

"I love you Hera." I said.

"Love you too, Harley." She said.

"See you later." I said.

"Bye." She said and hung up.

I put my phone in my pocket and sat down next to the guys.

"How about a game of COD?" Jake suggested.

I smiled.

"Sounds good." Ashley said.

"Sure." I said. "You in, CC?"

"Yeah, why not." He said.

We all played video games the whole night and ended up sleeping over at CC's place.