Chapter 16: Bass players wanted

*Harley's P.O.V.*

I woke up to the smell of bacon and smiled. I put on my bunny slippers and walked into the the kitchen. Ashley was wearing just pajama pants and all of his tattoos were visible. He turned around when he heard me walk in.

"Hey Harley, how are you feeling?" He asked, smiling.

I walked over to him and pecked his lips.

"Fine." I replied.

"That's good." He said.

He wrapped an arm around me and I snuggled into his side.

"So, I know how much you hate your job at Starbucks," He started.

"What job?" I asked.

He looked at me confused.

"I thought you worked at Starbucks?" He asked.

"Well, I did. I just stopped showing up one day and they fired me." I said. "I couldn't stand the people there."

"Uh, okay?" He said. "Well, I got a call from one of my friends and he's looking for a bass player in his band."

My eyes widened.

"Really?" I asked, excited.

"Yeah." He replied while smiling.

I looked down at my cast sadly and then looked back up at him.

"Well, you can at least talk to him and when your arm heals, maybe audition?" He suggested.

"Okay. What's the name of his band?" I asked.

"Razorblades." Ashley replied.

I paused.

"Wait, say that again?"

"Razorblades?" He said, confused.

"That's Cleo's band!" I yelled. "Why didn't she tell me they're looking for a new bass player?"

Right when I said that, my phone rang. Ashley smiled. I walked to the counter and looked at my phone.

"It's Cleo." I said.

Ashley laughed. I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey girl! What's up?" She asked.

"Nothing. Just watching Ashley make breakfast." I replied.

"Cool. So you know my band, right?" She started. "We're looking for a new bass player and I figured you'd be interested since Starbucks didn't work out." She said.

"Yeah. Ashley just told me about that. I'd love to audition but my arm is broken." I said.

"Wait, Ashley already told you? Goddamnit Tyler! I wanted to tell her first!" She said to someone in the room.

I heard a man laugh.

"Sorry about that." She said. "Well, you should still come down here and meet everyone. We can talk about stuff and then when your arm heals, you can audition." She said.

"Okay. That'd be awesome." I said. "When do you want me to meet you guys?"

"How does 2:30 sound?" She said.

"Today?" I asked.

"Yeah. We're rehearsing today anyway so we're all together." She said.

"Okay. I'll see you then. Just text me the address." I said.

"Okay. See you soon. Bye." She said.

I hung up the phone and placed it on the counter. I looked at Ashley calmly. He covered his ears preparing for me to freak out. I then ran over to him and jumped all over the place.

"I'm gonna be in band! I'm gonna be in a band!" I screamed.

Ashley just laughed nervously and uncovered his ears.

"Well, eat quickly. You have to leave soon." He said, placing a plate with eggs, bacon, and toast on the table. I sat down and ate quickly. I then got ready, doing my hair and makeup and walked out the door.

"Wait up." Ashley said, walking behind me.

We both entered the car and Ashley drove me to their studio.