Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Do you believe in demons or dark shadows? Well, if you heard of them and you think they aren't real, then you are full of yourself because they are! It was in 1918 when a new family had just moved into a Victorian house in Atlanta, Georgia. The people that lived near that home said that there was something in the house, but sadly the family didn't care and wanted to live in there anyway. It was a big mistake. . . . 

Present time. . . .

Newscaster: "A sixteen year old girl is missing; she was last seen in her house. The police said that the parents' heard banging sounds coming from her room and went to take a look and the next thing they knew, she was gone!" A boy with dirty blond hair and blue eyes turned off the TV. "Hey, wasn't that the girl in our Bio class who's been gone for almost a month now?" said Peter Larson as he turned to the other boy with brown hair and brown eyes wearing a plain blue shirt and jeans , sitting next to him on the chair eating an apple. "I think so... isn't her name Iris or something?" said Sam Miller, then he looked at the clock. "We should get to the bus or we'll miss it again!"

At the bus stop and all the way to school, the kids were talking about missing girl. "Hey, did you hear about the missing girl? I heard that her house is haunted and that she is tied to the Wilcox house," explained Megan Thomson  who was sitting behind Peter and Sam which was surprising to Peter since Megan hardly talks to anyone but the band kids, she has  curly bright  read hair and green eyes and was wearing a band t-shirt and jeans.

"Yeah, like ghosts and stuff," said Peter in a sarcastic voice while trying to make his hair stick up but it keep on falling back down on  his face which really annoyed him. His mom was going to cut his hair but had a meeting and couldn't do it . "Well, people say that's one of the reasons that they moved away from the old Wilcox house.

They also say that after they moved out, people began seeing strange things and just recently saw a light flickering in one spot through the window," said Megan. "Maybe it was a lamp light bulb . . . maybe it was burning out." said Sam. "I don't think so . . . I think it's a ghost." said Megan her eyes moved from Peter to Sam.

The bus slowed down in front of Adam Green High School. "Well, I think it is just a story to try to scare the little kids." said Peter while getting off the bus. "I think it's real," said Megan.  As she walked by them, Peter rolled his eyes. "I can't believe that she believes in that kind of stuff" "What kind of stuff?" Sam asked with a blank expression on his face. "You know ghosts, weren't you just listening to her" "Oh well, I don't think there is any ghost in that house. I think it is a light bulb like you said, but I do believe in ghosts," said Sam. "Whatever, come on we better go to our lockers before class starts or we will get in troubled with Ms. Peters."

Throughout the rest of the day, the kids in all of Peter's classes and throughout the halls were whispering about Iris and the Wilcox house. At football practice after school, the guys on the team still talked about her and how she was hot and that she was part witch or something.
Finally, Peter was so sick of it, he came up with a plan. He needed to talk to Sam on the bus. On the bus, Peter told Sam of his plan "Let's go to the Wilcox house and see what that light is. Then, we can take a picture of it and post in on the web so that we can prove to everyone that there are no ghosts in that house," said Peter in an excited voice.

"How do we do that? We're only sixteen years old. How are we going to get in the house? Isn't it gated or something?" asked Sam. "Meet me at eight 'o clock tonight and bring a flashlight.  Leave the rest to me. I will text you where to meet," said Peter. "Fine, but you owe me for this," said Sam finally, but in the back of his mind Sam knows that it might be the last time he will hangout with Peter since his parents are talking about moving for his father's promotion if he gets it. . . .

It was nightfall and the wind blew in the old cemetery by the house as Sam was waiting for Peter. Sam was checking his phone every five seconds. Finally, Peter arrived with a huge brown bag, he was wearing all black even his socks were black ,his hair tucked behind a wool black hat, he looked like one of those robbers that you see on TV but that was Peter always trying to be dramatic, Sam rolled his eyes at the sight of his friend. "Why are you wearing all black no one lives there anyone?" asked Sam. Peter gave his friend a once over, Sam was wearing jeans and a dark blue t-shirt "In case we are seen . . . oh never mind," Peter said waving his hand like it was nothing.

"What is in that thing?" asked Sam pointing to the bag. "Just stuff we need," said Peter. As they started to head to the house, they began to see it clearly.  It was an old Victorian house. The white paint was peeling and some of the windows and the doors were boarded up.

Everything was dark, and the boys couldn't see through the windows that were not boarded up because they were so dusty. Weeds grew everywhere, and it looked like it had been abandoned for centuries. But as they got closer, one of the windows was open, and the curtains were blowing out of it, but the weird thing were there was no wind. A dim light flickered behind the curtains and quickly went off and came back on again. "Did you see that light?" exclaimed Sam in a nervous voice. "It's just a lamp. It's nothing, don't be a girl," said Peter, but as he looked at the window again the light was gone.

"It's just nothing," Peter said under his breath while shaking the thoughts out of his head. "It's just nothing. Come on Sam, let's go inside.

So that was Chapter 1 I hope that you guys like it, please comment or like let me know what you think of this chapter and thanks for all of your support and from my family and friends. Copyright©2015KG