Chapter 2 - The Light and the Shadow

Here is Chapter 2  hope  that you guys like it please comment or like!       

As they started up the front steps, one of the steps underneath Sam started to break. He quickly jumped on to the next step while grabbing on to Peters skirt. "Sam, you can yet go now, man why are you so jumpy?" Peter asked. "Sorry man," Sam said letting go of Peter's skirt. The front door was locked, so Peter opened the brown bag and retrieved a small paper clip. Making a small key out of the paper clip, he slipped it into the door. "How did you know that was going to work?" Sam asked. "I didn't really; when my older sister was around I would try to unlock her diary and stuff," Peter said shrugging his shoulders like it was nothing. It took him a few tries, but finally he got the door open.  He pushed it open, and they slowly went inside with the door cracked open.

They entered into what looked like the living room - it was hard to tell because all of the furniture was coved with white sheets and dust plus it was really dark. It took time for their eyes to adjust and find the stairs. They both turned on their flashlights and climbed up the stairs. As they climbed, they started to hear a low eerie sound all around them, they took a pose in the middle of the staircases.

They turned to each other nodding and continued up the stairs. On the way up the stairs, they saw old pictures. Some were broken and dusty in their frames. The pictures inside showed a girl maybe a little older than them, like seventeen or eighteen years old, that looked a lot like Iris, but in older clothes. Another photograph nearby showed the young woman and what looked like her family in front of the old Victorian house. They were at the top of the stairs that reached a long hallway with four rooms.  "Which room had the light in it?" asked Sam in a low whisper. "Let's just open the ones on the left side because they are facing the front of the house," Peter whispered back. They opened the first door near them, but there was no light, only a small room with covered furniture.

Then Peter pointed at the door next to them and Sam nodded. Then they came to the second door on the left side. As they open the door slightly, they could see a light. As they opened it wider the light was brighter, and when they stepped inside standing near the window, instead of a lamp flickering there was the figure of a girl. Her back was toward them. Both Sam and Peter were shocked, they couldn't move a muscle.

Suddenly, the girl was directly in front of them and she looked familiar. She spoke almost in a whisper. "Can you see me?" she asked. They both nodded in unison they could take their eyes off her. "Then you should get out of here before he finds you," she said in a scared voice. "Who?" asked Sam in a shaky voice. "Him!" she said, pointing to a dark shadow figure. "Get out!" the shadow figure said in a low angry voice.

When he said it both Sam and Peter were pushed through the house and out of the front door by a gust of air. It felt like only minutes in the house like everything was standing still but the sun was just rising over the mountains and they had to head home before their parents found out that they were gone.

"We have to talk about what happened last night at school . . .  in private," said Peter looking around the streets if anyone was around for that matter. "Okay," said Sam in a wary voice, his face looking a little green. The next day they met in front of the bus stop early before anyone was there. "What was that thing? . . . . And that girl?" asked Sam in a scared, yet curious voice. "Tonight we are going back to that house to find out. Same time and place to meet," said Peter. Sam stared at his friend in shock.  "I don't know I am pretty busy tonight," Sam said. "I don't believe you, you are never busy." Peter said giving Sam the stink eye. "No really, my mom is making me clean the attic if I don't I will be in big trouble!" exclaim Sam. "Really your mom never made your clean the attic before, if you are trying to get out of this because that is shitty excuse if you are asking me," Peter said.

"You know now my mom is she is a complete clean freak, she went to the attic to get something yesterday and the next thing I knew she told me to clean the attic," Sam said getting annoyed. Peter was nodding his head. "Sorry man I totally forgot how your mom is do you know when you are going to be done," Peter said. "I don't know maybe nine," Sam said shrugging his shoulders. "Fine we will meet at nine, meet me at the same place we meat yesterday," Peter said giving Sam a weird look. "What is up with Sam lately," Peter said to himself as he headed home.