Chapter 8 The Diary

Finally here is the chapter eight I hope that you guys like it!

The next night, the boys arrived at the house, opened the door carefully and went slowly up to the stairs to find Iris. They came into the room to find Iris on the bed. "Iris, there is no clue on the key. We think that it's in the hole where we found the key," said Peter. "We can try that but we have to be very quiet and careful. Alizar hears us if we make any noise now," said Iris. "Alizar tried to scare us, he's threatening to kill the ones we love," said. Sam

"Alizar is trying to stop you. Don't let him get to you.  If he gets his full powers he could kill them anyway if we don't stop him," said Iris. "All right, let's go downstairs to look for the last clue," said Sam. They headed downstairs and into the living room to the fireplace. Sam wiggled the brick from its place and turned the brick over. "It's not on the brick. Try putting your arm in the hole," said Sam. Peter puts his arm in and felt a piece of paper and pulled it out of the hole. He unrolled the crinkled paper to reveal words. "The thing you put away will lead to what you seek." "What does that mean?" asked Sam. "Let's work on it tomorrow," said Peter. "You should go now. Alizar wakes up once in a while to check up on me," said Iris. The boys left the house as soon as they could. The next day the boys met in Sam's room and stared at the computer. "What do you think the thing you put away . . . . Maybe an item or something," said Peter.

"Think... what could it mean?," said Sam. After thinking about the clue awhile, finally Sam had an idea. "Maybe the thing you put away is a room in the house, like attic or garage because that's where you put things away," said Sam. "Yeah, and lead to what you seek could mean the attic has the last clue, which is the diary," said Peter. "We need to tell Iris tonight about what we figured out," said Sam. That night, the boys headed to the house and opened the door and slowly headed up the stairs to the room and opened the door; there they found Iris still sitting on the edge of the bed. "Hey guys, did what you figure it out?" asked Iris.

"We're guessing that the diary is hidden in the attic," said Peter. Iris's face turned an extra shade of white, "But that's where Aliar's sleeping!" whispered Iris. "Really? How are we going to get pass him to get the diary?" said Sam. "We have to figure out something" said Peter. Maybe can be very quiet when we go into the attic, and we can sneak past him," said Iris.  "Let's give it a try" said Sam. They headed up stairs and Iris led them to the middle of the hallway.  She pointed to the center of the ceiling that had a handle to pull down the attic staircase. Peter pulled in a chair from one of the rooms, stood on the chair, reached up and pulled the stairs down. A cloud of dust came around them, and when the dust cleared, they slowly went up the stairs a smell of rotten flesh became stronger and stonger.

Carefully and quietly they creeped up the stairs until they reached the top. It took time for their eyes to adjust. The attic was a small room with lots of old boxes and old furniture, but everything was torn up. There were claw marks everywhere, especially on an old fashioned closet. There were also red and black blood spots covering the floor and closet."That's where Alizar sleeps" whispered Iris, pointing to the closet. "Where do you think the diary is?" whispered Sam. "I don't know, let's check the around" Iris replied.

Searching for awhile through the boxes and old books, finally Peter noticed that one of the floorboards was loose. "Hey guys, I think I found something" whispered Peter. Sam and Iris went over to Peter. Both of the boys slowly picked up the floorboard and quietly moved it from its place.  They saw a small book and Sam grabbed it. They quickly and quietly left the attic. Sam shined the flashlight on the book and they saw a small lock. The book looked really old so they knew they had to be very careful.  Peter took the key and opened the book.

The front of the book had a note "Happy Birthday, Sophia. Love, Mother and Father"."Who's Sophia?" asked Sam as he read over Peter's shoulder. Inside there was a picture of a young girl smiling up at them, Peter took a step back in shock. "I am so stupid!" Peter said. "Peter what are you talking about?" Iris asked. "I know that girl I saw her in a dream . . . he trailed off and flipped to the next page and they saw more writing.

"Dear Diary, Yesterday was my 18th birthday and you were my birthday gift. My parents also had another surprise for me, we're moving to a new city and into a beautiful house. The people in the city say that there is something in the house, but my parents think it is all silly superstition. We're moving there very soon and we have to begin packing and saying our goodbyes to friends here I will miss them soo. It will all be a wonderful adventure! Love, Sofia W."  "W... Do you think it stands for Wilcox?" whispered Peter. "Go to the next page" said Iris. Peter flipped to the next page.

"Dear Diary, It has been a few weeks since we moved into our new house. Strange things are happening to my family and to the house. Just yesterday, Mother was working around the house and when she turned to look at me, her eyes were bright red. I do not know what is happening, but my Uncle William is a scientist and he is working to determine what is causing these strange events. He is working in the study and will not come out. I am very frightened and worried, diary I am frighten for my family am for myself. Love, Sophia W."

Peter flipped through a few pages and came to a page that looked like dark splotches that might have been tears long ago and the handwriting was somewhat illegible like their hand was shaking.

"Dear Diary, My family seems to be acting completely out of character most of my family has stopped eating and  sleeping all they doing is waling about the house muttering is some kind of language I have never heard off and Uncle William believes he has found the reason. He has discovered a demon is here in the house and is angry because  we have disturbed his peace by moving in to this house. Somehow or other only I , my little brother Jonathan, Aunt Ruth and Uncle William are "immune" to the demon. Uncle plans to communicate with him and I am worried for his safety. I must go. Love, Sophia"

"So, the uncle tried to figure out what was going on?" said Sam. "Flip to the next page" said Iris ,her eyes wide. Peter turned the page.

"Dear Diary, Uncle William has been missing for days. His final words were that he had discovered how to kill the demon. He said that the demon cursed our family because of disturbing his peace he told Uncle William that when the winter solstice and full moon align, the demon will capture the youngest member of the Wilcox family and take their soul to gain power. Uncle has notes in the study that describe how to kill the demon. He has hidden his notes in a secret spot somewhere in the house. My brother and I finally got some since in mother and father for the first time in weeks, I am still worried about Uncle I hope he is still well but I fear that the worse came to him. We are leaving the house today because of the curse, but I have planted clues so someone can kill the demon before this tragedy can occur. I hope that my diary will be useful for the person lift the curse, can you please find out about what happened to my Uncle I am afraid I will never see him again and if so he has fallen make sure he is in a better place. Love, Sophia"

Peter closed the book. Everything around them went silent.

So what do you guys think creepy right, poor Sophia, will the guys be able to stop the demon before its to late.