Chapter 9 The Scientist's Notes

Hope you guys like chapter 9, sorry that it took so long!

All of a sudden, Iris fell to the ground. The light around her was flickering. "Iris!" exclaimed Peter. "Alizar has awakened! He is starting to suck my life before he gets his full powers tomorrow. You must find the notes from Sophia's uncle so you can stop Alizar" said Iris, closing her eyes."Sam, look at Iris while I look for the notes" said Peter. 

"OK, be careful!" said Sam. Peter moved room to room looking for anything unusual. Finally after searching for what seemed like a long time, Peter found an old picture of a young man wearing a lab coat. On the bottom of the frame, there was a small combination lock with numbers. 

"What could the combination be?" thought Peter. He tried a few numbers then he recalled that Iris said that the year the family moved was 1918 and he decided to try that on the combination. All of a sudden the wall began to shake and dust surrounded him. Peter couldn't see anything until the dust cleared. There was an outline of a door in the wall and Peter slowly pushed it open and went inside. The door quickly closed behind him. 

Looking around the room, Peter could see it was medium sized with a small window for light with lots of bookshelves filled with old volumes on them. There was a small desk, covered with quills, paper, ink and an old candlestick. On the floor were stacks of paper and books. On the wall was an old sword display. Peter began to search for the notes on the desk but didn't find anything there. He looked at the piles of paper on the ground and finally hidden under the last pile, he found the notes.

The notes read "Alizar has only one weakness, which is light. I have created a weapon which has harnessed the light, which can be used to kill him. It is our only hope. I have created a sword forged from a very special metal which can harness light. Tonight I shall try to kill Alizar and break the curse."

"So the sword is the key to killing Alizar!" exclaimed Peter to himself. He looked around the room and saw a sword mounted on the wall. Carefully he reached out and grabbed it. The sword seemed to come to live in his hands and shot a bolt of light across the room. 

A ball of light glowed across the room for a second and then slowly returned to Peter, forming a figure of a man. He was tall with an old fashioned mustache and wearing a lab coat, just like the young man in the picture. "Who are you?" asked Peter in a wary voice. "I'm Professor William Wilcox. And may I ask whom I am conversing with, young man?" said the figure. 

"I... I am Peter. I am a friend of Iris Wilcox. She is one of your descendant's. She was cursed and Alizar is sucking the rest of her life before he reaches his full powers tomorrow. I found your notes and now I must use the sword to kill him!" exclaimed Peter. "If she is cursed, then she is in grave danger. You must try to kill Alizar. 

You must succeed where I have failed. Alizar is very smart, also very good with a sword and he will try to trick you by bargaining her life with yours. You must not let him he likes to mess around . . . poor girls, poor my sweet Sofia" said the professor. What girls and what happen to Sofia?" ask Peter.

 The professor talked again acting like Peter wasn't there. " I could never imagine the horrible things he has done to the other girls that lived here after," He looks at Peter, " You will find him waiting for you in the attic, poor Sofia . . . poor girls," said the spirit as he slowly disappeared before his eyes before he can say another word.

 "That Professor is crazy . . . and what was he talking about?" he said to himself Peter quickly left to go to the attic.