Chapter 31

No one's Pov

A single silhouette emerged from the smoke coughing. It clapsed on the stairs leading up to the Institute.
Jace ran up to the person the tears unwilling to stop.

Clary.

She was okay. Sort of.

Jace held her close to him. Kissing her forehead whispering I love you over and over.

She clutched to Jace. She was only in shorts and a light t-shirt the exact thing she had been wearing when he left.

Alec took his zipper off and hugged it around Clary.
She noticed but couldn't take her face out of Jaces neck and he was the same with her as if he let her go she would be blown into oblivion.

Even when Simon called Luke. When he came and picked them up. Jace carried her to the car not taking his eyes off of her and in the truck he wrapped himself around her still whispering in her ear.

When they got to Luke and Jocelyn's apartment they went straight to bed.

Isabelle was still stunned and like Jace and Clary her and Simon didn't want to let go of each other. They slept on the tiny couch made for one.

Alec had called Magnus and he to his apartment. They talked, watched movies. Magnus let Alec cry all night about how he had lost everything, Clary almost died, everything.