Chapter 34

No one Pov
Alec came through the portal first then Simon.

Alec went and whispered something in Magnus's ear, then nodded his head. Magnus' face fell as did Isabelle when Simon told her, she ran off towards her room with Simon following suite.

Magnus slowly walked towards Clary, he reached out and touched her arm.
"Sweetie, maybe we should take a seat."
Clary looked puzzled and stared into Magnus' cat eyes then back over to the portal.

Panick rose over her face.
"Where's Jace?"
Alec stepped forward and reached for her
"Clary I...."
She stepped back away from him.
"No Alec, where is Jace."
Alec looked down at his feet he didn't want to look at her, knowing she would brake he couldn't witness that.

"He...he... There was too many... We thought we could finish it.... He turned his back for a millie-second. And then... And then... When I turned back he.. He was on the ground... And there was blood everywhere."

Clary sank to the ground tears streaming down her face.
Alec nealt down next to her.
He pulled her onto his lap craddiling her to him.
"Clary, Jace loved you so much you know."
She nodded her head.

Soon Clary fell asleep. She was still in his lap but he was now sitting on the couch Magnus next to him neither saying anything.

"Perhaps you should take Clary to her room."
Alec nodded. And carried her up to her room.
He laid her down on the bed the second she curled in on herself.

Alec sat down on the edge of the bed and pulled the covers up over her.
He didn't move he just sat looking around the then at Clary then at the photo frames around the room.

Magnus walked in the room and sat next to Alec and placed his arm around his shoulder.

"What do you think she's going to Do?" Magnus said a soft whisper to not wake her.

"I don't know, but I'm worried" Alec continued to look around the room until he settled his eyes on Magnus.
"I mean," he looked back at Clary and put his hand on her now covered leg.
"What if she tries something or actually does it. I promised Jace I'd look after her and if she... She.... You know I would just feel like I'd failed the last thing he asked me to do."

"Wait you spoke to him before..."

Alec nodded his head still not taking his eyes off her.
He sighed loudly.
"There was about five minutes, he was mostly coughing up blood and mumbling about something and Clary but he made sense maybe a minute before. He said that to me and told me to look in the zip in his suitcase, I was going to but I figured Clary or Izzy would want to be the one to sort all that." Magnus nodded his head.

"I just feel like she is the last part of him and well you know how they are when something is wrong with the other. But this isn't just one of them slightly injured or sick, Jace... Jace... Jace died"