Chapter 39

No one's Pov
Alec walked down to the kitchen in searched of Clary to find her cooking.

"Hey Alec want pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs or I could make an omelette or even French toast?"
Alec cautiously walked over to Clary.

"You okay Sweetheart?"
Clary beamed up at him.

"Course why wouldn't I be, my fiancé died then came back to life and now he can't remember he loved me so why wouldn't I be okay. How's Magnus isn't he coming over tonight for take-away." she said whilst mixing the banter the whole time.
"Ohh I know I can cook Yeh."

She put the bowl down and took out another recipe book.
"How about a curry or lasagna"
Alec took the book of her and put it back then held her hands.

"Why don't you go for a bath put fresh Pyjamas and go for a nap."

She shook her head.
"Alec I can't."

He sighed loudly
"And why not."

She put up one finger.
"One my stuff is in mine and Jaces room, well I guess just Jaces now." she raised another finger.
"My bed is in Jace room."

Alec raised a finger copying her.
"I can go and get your stuff." he raised a second finger again copying her.
"You can sleep in my bed."

Five minutes.
Alec was stood in front of Jaces door knocking lightly.
"Come in."

"Hey, I just came in to get something."

Jace nodded
"Did you get rid of that girl.?"
Alec scoffed and walked towards the dresser. Jace got up off the bed curious to see what Alec was doing.

"Why is there womens underwear in my drawer."
Alec turned towards Jace.
"Okay I'm going to be honest with toy here because seriously that girl has been through enough with you and i have no idea why she's stuck around."

Jace looked stunned.
"What girl."

"The little Red head you just throw out was your fiancé. Shes madly in love with you and you her. Youve just came back to life and now this she has already lost a baby and everything she believed in so your going to be good and just remember because this isn't fair! She hasn't done anything wrong and all this shit keeps happening to her!"

"Enough Alec!" Both men turned towards the door to see Clary standing there.
"If he really wants to remember he will."

Clary reached under the bed to pull out her duffel bag and started shoving clothing into it.
"When did you put that there and why are your clothes here."
Both Alec and Clary ignored him.

"Clary where are you going?"

Clary shrugged and continued taking things from the bathroom.

"Down the hall. I can't stay in here he doesn't know who Iam it's a little bit awkward don't you think?"
Jace sat on the bed completely confused.
"IZZY!"
Moments later Isabelle was at the door with Simon close behind.
"Clary why are you packing." she asked sounding upset.
"He doesn't know who I am so I'm going down the hall."

Izzy started laughing.
Jace moved up beside her.
"Why are you laughing?"

She waved him away.
"You guys are hilarious 'he can't remember me' yay right."

"Come on theres no way he doesn't remember you. He loves you more than himself and that's saying something."
Jace shook his head.

"Okay I don't know if this is some sick joke with you all but I want everyone to tell me the truth here."

Clary walked up to where he stood.
She slipped the Morgenstern necklace off then her engagement ring. She thread the ring through the chain.

She then took Jaces hand and placed it in his palm. With her other hand she caressed his cheek.

The tears were flowing from her eyes as Jace held the stare with her the way he does when hes concentrating.
"I can't fight anymore, I'm so tired of fighting."
She reached up tried to kiss he cheek but only made it to his jaw.

She slowly left the room.
Izzy and Simon left shortly leaving Alec and Jace.

Alec stood infront of him. Jace was still stunned with the chain and ring in his hand the way Clary had left him.
"Try and remember serously dude." and walked out to call Magnus.

It rang for a few seconds.
"Hey! Baby I'll be there in an hour just have to take a shower, Chairman Meow threw up all ove-"

"Magnus can you come here now please. I need you." he chocked out.
Clarys crying could me heard through the whole Institute.

A/N please vote and comment thanks xx -K