Journal Entry Fourteen

Today I have my much anticipated appointment. It is the first time I'm happy to see Allison, and I'm proud of myself.

I would never admit it to that she-devil, but I can feel myself getting better as the days progress. I can feel improvement, which is something I have felt in quite a while. The voices, which once reassured me no longer appeared as often, and I was now left to my own blissful thoughts and not someone else's voice.

-H

---

Harry walked to the 4 train station, heading uptown from his building on Wall Street to East 78th, where Allison's office was.

He bounded down the steps, knowing if he missed the next train, it'd take at least twenty five more minutes for the next one to come, and Harry hated waiting more than anything.

Thankfully, the train arrived just as he reached the base of the steps, and he hopped on just as the doors closed.

"This is the Bronx bound 4 local train," the automated voice rang out from the speakers.

"Local?" He murmured to himself, before looking at the train map.

Sure enough, he had gotten on the local train instead of the express, and it would take him 16 stops to get to 77th street instead of four on the express.

He groaned and buried his hand in his hair.

Stupid. It was low, almost low enough to me unheard, but Harry heard it loud and clear.

Harry reached into his briefcase for his pill bottle, but he came up empty handed.

I must've left it in the office, he thought frantically, running his hand through his hair.

Always messing up, you've got to be quicker than that, another voice chided.

Harry's fists clenched, his nails digging into his palm. It was weeks since he heard the voices, and they were unwelcome guests in his already filled head.

You know Allison is in trouble, a voice said lowly. Fix it.

Fix it. Fix it. Fix it. They chanted, increasing in sound until it was as if they were screaming in his head.

"Fuck!" He yelled out loud, which brought attention to himself on the train. Their eyes focused on him for a quick second before going back to their own business.

It was New York City after all.

Whipping out his phone, he punched some numbers into his phone and pressed it to his ear.

"It's Styles," he muttered, making sure to keep his voice down. "I can't wait. We need to go through with it. Tonight."

----

Allison waited in her office, her foot tapping on the floor as she gazed at the clock on the wall. Harry was twenty minutes late, and she even wondered if he was going to show up at all.

He was her last appointment of the day, and if he didn't show up in the next five minutes, she was going home.

She sighed and packed up her belonging into her purse, ready to leave. Just as she was about to stand, her door opened.

"Oh, Harry!" She exclaimed in shock, not expecting him to barge in so suddenly. "I didn't think you were going to come."

"So you could call my doctor and have them lock me up in an institution?" He spat, taking a seat on the couch. "I'll pass."