Journal Entry Twenty Two

Allison is sleeping next to me, and I can hear her light snoring from where I'm sitting. It's more of a series of harsh breaths if I am being honest.

This entire plan was meaningless, because as I lay looking at her face, I can't find myself going through it. How can she manipulate me without even trying?

-H.

--

Harry closed his journal and placed it in the bedside drawer. As usual, he woke up earlier, and he couldn't help but brush Allison's messy auburn hair out of her face.

Her full lips were pulled up in a smile, and her expression was one of pure relaxation. It looks as if this was the first time she's gotten sleep in months and with the twelve hours and counting that she's been asleep, it was probably true.

"What are you doing to me?" He whispered to himself, shaking his head as he looked down at her.

Something within him snapped last night, and he wasn't sure if it was good or bad. The old scars and marks of Evan were still embalmed on her skin, and Harry almost wanted to create new ones to cover them up.

After a few moments, he rose from the bed to brush his teeth and head to the kitchen to make breakfast.

He opted not to make an omelette because of his still wrapped up finger, and settled for avocado toast since he knew Allison liked them.

While he was poaching eggs, he saw Allison walk out the bedroom, fully dressed with her coat on. "Good morning," she greeted, before making her way to the door.

"Where are you going?" He asked, moving towards her to grab her arm to halt her from leaving.

"Thank you for yesterday because I was not in a good place as you were there for me, but I can't take advantage of you," she explained, but Harry was not listening.

"You're not leaving," he simply said, taking her purse off her shoulder. She wasn't even wearing a blouse because he ripped the one from last night, so he slid her jacket off her shoulders and left her exposed.

"Good god," he murmured, taking in her body like yesterday. He would never get over her curves.

"I have to go," she managed to get out, shoving him away and pulling her coat back on.

"If it makes you feel any better, you could say I took advantage of you too," he said, leaning on the island stool behind him. "I could've said no to you when you asked me to make you forget. But I didn't, because I'm selfish."

Her lips slowly parted, and he just shrugged. "You think I did that all just for you? No one in this world is selfless, everything we do is for ourselves."

"Fuck you," she seethed, picking her bag up from the couch.

Harry laughed before smirking at her shirtless torso. "I already did."

Usually he loved playing with her because she was so patient and even tempered. She never retaliated, because that's who she is.

So it was a shock when Allison pushed him so hard into the kitchen counter, he swore his spine realigned.

"Fuck!" He swore, holding his lower back. "What was that for?"

"I am so tired of everyone thinking I'm weak." Her voice was no longer sharp. It was just ice cold. "People just talk to me however they want because, 'oh she's not the loud black girl so she must be submissive'."

Harry's eyes widened, when she strode towards him with her finger outstretched. "And here you are. From the moment I met you, you hated me for no reason. I read your previous reports. You only liked them because they didn't get into your head the way I did. You must've thought right off the bat because I was nice, I was easy to manipulate.